FanCon Pannel Invitation

Hey guys,

FanCon is giving us the opportunity to do some pannels at the Event 29 April - 1 May at the CTICC

If you would like to do a panel contact moray.rhoda@gmail.com.

If anyone knows who did the presentation about south african indie games at the French convention please let me know.
Thanked by 2Elyaradine BenJets

Comments

• Last year, there was a "game industry" panel made up of 4 artists (which fits Fancon I suppose), but 1 of whom works in slots, and 3 of whom did promo, card and book cover illustrations.

Please get involved, CT game artists!
  • I'd be totally down to get involved - will drop Moray a mail! thanks @sumisuko!
  • Last year, there was a "game industry" panel made up of 4 artists (which fits Fancon I suppose), but 1 of whom works in slots, and 3 of whom did promo, card and book cover illustrations.

Please get involved, CT game artists!
    I turned down the offer to moderate that panel last year because it included only men and they were unwilling to change it. I also disagreed with the choices of the panel members for the same reason above. We have many talented female artists that should have been given the opportunity instead, so hopefully they will get the chance they deserve this time around.

Representation matters. As does showing what our industry actually does.
    Thanked by 1AngryMoose
  • Did they actively turn down female artists, or couldn't they find any who were willing to be on the panel?
  • I'll put my name in the hat too.
  • Hi - my first post here :) Thank you for the enthusiasm.

Just to clarify - the panel last year happened to be guests of FanCon. There was no intent to marginalise female Gaming Industry people or to have a artfocus-skewed panel. That's why this post is here - we would like SA Gamers to tell us what panels they would like to see, or to propose industry people to participate in panels, or (best scenario) to propose a panel and topic that they themselves want to participate in. Or if you want to moderate a panel.

Below is a quote from the main Organisors of FanCon:
    Last years panel on Gaming was focussed on the guests we had and their work in gaming, it wasn’t meant to represent the gaming industry and the women that work in it.
    So we are open to any panel ideas and offer the platform to all including representation of women in the gaming industry.
    END QUOTE

I hope that clarifies it.

Please feel free to contact me at moray.rhoda@gmail.com if you have any other questions. Or maybe just on this post - I'll keep an eye on it.
  • I haven't been to the surface in many weeks. Am I too late to crash this party?
  • Jelligeth said:
    I haven't been to the surface in many weeks. Am I too late to crash this party?
    Mail Moray please!
  • Not sure - I wasn't involved.