ROCKETBOOM!

Just started learning from scratch about game development, launched our first project on android , have a long way to go still but developing is freaking awesome, check it out and let us know what you guys think.

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook @BlueDesertDio

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.BlueDesertStudios.DodgeRocket

Comments

• Welcome @BlueDesertDio! I hope MGSA can be a great space that can support you on your path of learning to make games.

Seems like you're off to a good start with Dodge Rocket! I don't have a device to test it out myself, but it looks like a great first game!

Keep us all posted with what you work on next, and don't hesitate to ask the community for input if ever you need it!
    Thanked by 2pieter BlueDesertDio
  • Thanks @Benjets, I definitely will.
    Thanked by 1BenJets
  • Unfortunately I'm iOS only so can't take a look, one way to get input and feedback is to get some videos and/or screenshots here for people to look at, animated gifs are always most welcome too. Getting people interested and attracted to your work from the first touchpoint is a good idea!

Welcome! Hope you learn lots from MGSA, I did - and still will!
  • I had a go at the game, its got an interesting flavor to it, here are some thoughts.

[-]The instructions read like a technical manual, maybe putting them inside the game and triggering a tutorial message when a certain action needs to be performed would be a bit more user friendly.
    [-]Not sure if this is a bug, but the second fuel bar depletes very fast and after the first fuel bar regardless if the release button is pressed or not.
    [-]You are measuring altitude in kms? km would be kilometers, km/s is kilometers per second.
    [-]I was surprised at how gentle and responsive your gyro controls are, I try to avoid games using gyro as a input mechanism, but yours is well done.
    [-]Would be nice if the upgrades were integrated into the level, so on first level you would dock to the ISS and be offered a refueling and an upgrade if you reach the sufficient altitude, instead of it being hidden in the main menu.
    [-]Sound is nice
    [-]Overall, very nice for a casual few minutes
    Thanked by 1BlueDesertDio
  • Thank you for the feedback , some really sound advice and ideas
    Thanked by 1critic