[Event] - Serious About Games - Knowledge Forum Mini Conference

Hi All,

The first major event for the Serious About Games Competition is upon us! Remember that participation in the events counts towards you for judging!

This is going to be an AWESOME weekend, packed with prominent speakers from the game dev world, government, designers, and activist organisations. Lots of networking, learning and collaboration. We encourage you to come to all the events if you can! Please RSVP SOON – spaces are limited!!

THE KNOWLEDGE FORUM
The Knowledge Forum consists of 3 events to equip you with the tools and understanding to design a game addressing the challenge of Reimagining Communities That Work.

FRIDAY: Fun 'n Games Networking Event
5-7pm
It is important that your team include a variety of perspectives and skills -- it is one of the judging criteria. Come and meet the person who will give your team that extra "wow" factor over a drink and some games!

SATURDAY: Full-Day Serious About Games Forum
8am - 4pm
Lots of brain candy to inspire you to take your game to the next level! A series of short talks addressing topics such as "making a living in poor areas", "opportunities in serious games development", and "geolocation in games development".

** The Cape Craft and Design Institute is also hosting a USER-CENTRED DESIGN WORKSHOP on Friday from 12-4pm at the Khayelitsha Barn. Transport will be provided from the Woodstock Barn. This is a must for those who have not engaged with the design thinking process before! Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Ilz6SnYk91K1LInjCYJsZJAYGxB24gvY-o3bXFt8FaA/edit

Comments

• Will there be a schedule for the event on Saturday? I won't be able to stay for the whole event but some of the talks sound fantastic!
  • Yes, the schedule should be out today. I know Hanli Geyser from Wits is doing the first talk, I also have a small talk, I'll post the schedule when it is released
    Thanked by 1blacksheepZA