Braamfontein Student Game Developer Meet-Up - 15 November 2016

edited in Events
Hello all!

Firstly, apologies for the late organisation and notice for this one. We students have exams after all. With that in mind, this meetup will take a slightly different form, because we realise many of you will struggle to make it. Our talks will focus on tips for finishing up your games, but primarily we're going to provide space and time and people to do some final playtesting before any game assignment deadlines at the end of this semester.

While these meets are aimed at including the Johannesburg student developer community, the greater dev community are certainly not excluded. All are welcome!

When: 17:30 - 21:00
Where: The DIZ, 111 Smit Str, Braamfontein. 2nd Floor

Agenda:

17:30 - Hang out, grab some snacks, meet new people.
18:00 - Presentations begin
=================================================
+ Intros
+ Community News
+ Juice It or Lose It! - arguably one of the most important demos to help you improve your game
+ Playtesting - How to Get Good Feedback on Your Game - a screening
=========
+ Playtesting
+ Playtesting
+ Playtesting
+ Playtesting
+ Playtesting
=================================================

We cannot stress enough the importance of playtesting your game as part of the development process, so please bring games, prototypes, or just things for other people to test and give you feedback on. Also, it doesn't hurt to come prepared with a few questionnaires for people to fill out after testing your game. It's best to have questions specific to your games but here are a few example sheets which you can download and print out if you don't have time to make your own.
Try either of these, or this or this.

Also, please everyone be aware that this will be our last meetup for the year. If you are interested, please give us an idea of how many of you to expect by commenting below or on the Facebook Event.
See you all on Tuesday!

UPDATE: We're gonna do our best to organise computers for anyone to test their games on if you don't have laptops, so please bring them even if you don't have a machine with you. Also if you have board games to test, we want to play them and we have plenty of table space so please bring them along as well. See you all tomorrow!

Comments

• I dont have facebook, but I'll make an effort to be there.
    Thanked by 1Bracula
  • edited
    Will probably also make the journey down again. Will update the comment once I know how many lackeys are coming along ;)
    Also will it be the juice it or lose it video or will it be a live demo following the same principles?
    Thanked by 1Bracula
  • I will likely be attending. Looking forward to it !!!
    Thanked by 1Bracula
  • @vince it'll be a watered down version of the same demo just for the sake of time and getting to some play testing. So yeah, to answer your question - it's a bit of both.
  • I want to attend this event but where is it in braamfontein?
  • Hey @Jay
    I assume it will be the same place as last time. Which is The DIZ, 111 Smit Str, Braamfontein. 2nd Floor
    Hope to see you there
    Thanked by 1Bracula
  • So sorry @Jay ! Totally slipped my mind. Updated the description now. Thank you for pointing that out. Hope to see you there
  • Thank you guys really wana be there.
    Thanked by 1Bracula
  • UPDATE: We're gonna do our best to organise computers for anyone to test their games on if you don't have laptops, so please bring them even if you don't have a machine with you. Also if you have board games to test, we want to play them and we have plenty of table space so please bring them along as well. See you all tomorrow!
    Thanked by 1dammit
  • Thanks to everyone involved. Awesome to see the resources that are being allocated to help students thrive.