[Project] Lineblazers

edited in Projects
So me and my team have been developing this mobile one-tap game, because FUN to make. :)
We want to get some more feedback and will have it up in Testflight either this week or next week (anyone wants to test shoot me a PM!).

Couple 'o questions!
We are currently trying to get in touch with a good publisher, but haven't yet released anything on the Appstore. So we have the whole sha-bang ready; a trailer which you can see here and some screenshots, one-page sheet etc.

Can anyone recommend and/or does anyone have a direct link with a good publisher?
I prefer to work with someone I could actually sit down with and meet somewhere in SA. Any good ones around?
And, is the trailer clear to you guys on how the game works?
Thanks!

Comments

• edited
    At first it reminded me of Audiosurf and the level bar at the top also looks audio related to some extent? Might just be my low quality viewing.
    Small thing that I guess is completely pointless but games like Geometry dash and something else have led my mind to wanting the obstacles on the track to flash/bounce to the beat.
    -Just a random opinion you don't have to take this at all.

I cannot help with the publisher but I can confirm that the trailer makes it pretty clear how the game works ;). I would download this - looks fun.
    Thanked by 1basecamp_ivo
  • Thanks for the feedback! There is no relation to the audio whatsoever (we are kinda done with that at the moment, since we just did a huge project all audio oriented last year;)).
  • I like the arcade feel of the soundtrack.

The game mechanics look a lot like an existing game called Proun: http://www.proun-game.com/ProunPlus.html, though I think Proun has explored the design space more extensively, and has more appealing visuals. I'm not sure if you're aware of that game, but I imagine that if you're taking this to release you'd want to find a way of showing why your game's superior.
  • edited
    I like the arcade feel of the soundtrack.
    Thanks, did that meself. :)
    The game mechanics look a lot like an existing game called Proun: http://www.proun-game.com/ProunPlus.html
    I totally understand the association you make with the game (we were aware of the game, it's from a Dutch developer I happen to know :)), but the controls are completely different. We specifically wanted to go the one-tap route, because it's a fun lil' control scheme to explore. The thing with Proun is that it is all about the visuals in combination with the music. We kinda wanted to make a simple arcade style game (on the side)... We were definitely not aiming to make a "simple" Proun. Maybe we unintentionally did, I dunno, we don't have that feeling but it might come across to others as if we have. But thanks for pointing it out. :)