Lead Audio Designer

Fuzzy Logic is looking for a lead audio designer to join our game development team helping to create an all audio and music for a cutting edge ‘toys-to life’ augmented reality video game with Hasbro Inc.

The successful applicant will create the soundtrack for the game, including all music, sound effects, character sounds, voice filters and ambient effects.

To do this role, you will need to:
• have sound engineering skills and knowledge of the relevant tools and technology
• possess ‘aural skills’ and a sense of timing
• suggest creative and imaginative ideas or solutions
• have excellent communication skills to be able to understand project needs and communicate your ideas
• manage and integrate all audio assets
• be able to compose and perform music
• be able to work independently and manage your schedule
• have a feel for the atmosphere of games

The ambition is to create a world class augmented reality game which not only competes with Disney Infinity or Skylanders, but surpasses them in innovation and technical excellence. The character toys will be sold in toy stores all around the world, so this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Salaries will be dependent on skillset and experience. You will join a team totaling 19 permanent staff and so we those eager to be part of a team, rather than lone wolves.

Fuzzy Logic Highlights
• “Augmented Reality Developer of 2013” in the European AR Awards.
• Our self-published game, Soccer Moves, reached #1 in 52 countries with 2.5 million downloads.
• Developed a range of mobile games, including Skylanders, MacGyver, Secrets & Treasure and many more.

Required Skills
• Exposure to game development or audio creation for games.

As this is a ‘toys-to-life’ product we require internal staff, since the toys will be created and shipped from Hasbro while we’re creating the characters. Fuzzy Logic is however located in one of the most beautiful parts of South Africa, 5 minutes from a beach, in designer offices with our own games arcade. If you like working on new technologies, having games/pizza/beer nights then we’re the team for you.

Comments

• Is the Position closed? or still open?
  • Sorry for the delayed response, I hadn't seen your post.

The role is technically closed in that we have offered someone the role, but this depends on them getting a visa as they're European. Being SA the whole process is incredibly ineffective/moronic, so we're still waiting.

I'll update here if this does open again.
    Thanked by 1AngryMoose
  • Jason said:
    Sorry for the delayed response, I hadn't seen your post.

The role is technically closed in that we have offered someone the role, but this depends on them getting a visa as they're European. Being SA the whole process is incredibly ineffective/moronic, so we're still waiting.

I'll update here if this does open again.
    Dear Jason, also interested to know what is going to happen with this, though I assume (and obviously hope for you guys) things have worked out.... Just posted my portfolio here.