SAOTA VR - Unity Developers + 3D Generalists/Artists [CT][Paid]

edited in Jobs

Hello All.

I am an Architect/Software Prototyper heading up a Virtual/Mixed/Experimental Reality Lab at SAOTA. I am looking for Unity developers and 3D Generalists who want to shape the future.

SAOTA is a world renown architecture firm located in Cape Town.
saota.com/
SAOTA is a firm of architectural designers and technologists including in-house CGI and marketing teams, as well as a strong support staff...With roots in South Africa, SAOTA now has an international footprint with projects on five continents.
SAOTA VR is my first project for my new startup, a architectural ecosystem I am creating that develops VR/MR apps - currently for architecture.
saota.com/vr.html
Looking around the Lab you'll see arduinos, a quadrocopter, some Vives and on some days the odd mouse and keyboard.
We create many different tools and apps, ranging from websites , mobile tools and in house workflow apps to packaged VR solutions using the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift + Touch.

These are paid internships (Cape Town) - a 3 month probation period if you will - that can easily - with some dedication - lead to a permanent role.
I have some positions that I would like to fill with talented and like-minded youth.

Coding Skills:
3D Maths will help you or you will get lost.
Shader Development
Mainly C#, but we also:
- web dev
- JS
... so coders.
3D Generalisting Skills:
Adobe
Autodesk
Animation
Bones, Skins and Weights.
Hardsurface Modelling (ArchViz)
Jedi's of Optimization.
Quixel, Substance.... Hand Painted?
Photogrammetry
etc....

Currently using Unity, but I will adopt Unreal and other engines when time allows.

We will branch out into other industries - movie and gaming are next.
I am already working on a VR game .
and many other things.

Please send a CV and PDF/Link of your portfolio to recruit@saota.com

I want to know what you've done, what you can do, and what you want to do.
List some skills.
"1500 hours in dota, haven't played in years"
- tells me more than you think.

Add " [VR Lab] " to your subject so I know its you.

Time Travelers are welcomed back.

Regards
Gerard

Comments

• edited
    I know this is quite unrelated to most of your post... But that "Stranger Things" themed title image would make a really great colour palette and mood for your VR survival game (at night-time I mean).

Also, putting the Upside Down in your survival game would be incredible.
  • edited
    We now also develop games.
    There is place for animators.
  • Hey just wanted to know what the salary range is for the internships.
    If you don't want to specify in the open it's all good.

Oh and I have 3000 hours on Dota, played tonight if that tells you something haha
    Thanked by 1ddutchie
  • edited
    This is a 3 month paid probation. After which a proper contract and salary can be discussed. I am building a startup, SAOTA VR is the first project. Equity is also on the table.