[EVENT] Durban Meetup (August)

edited in Events
Time for our third Durban meetup!

Date: Let's take votes for 13/20/27th August (post the date you want and I'll add it to the tally below)

Time: 10AM worked well last time I think. Shout if you disagree.

Venue: 83b St. Thomas Road, Musgrave, Durban

Hailing: @garethf @quintond @Krummelz @pypmannetjies @ShadowBlade @IrkunJay @hyltonwarburton @ryan20fun @sumisukyo @2squared @BlackEagle @Melvir @Fenn @SemiDemented @jamotaylor

Date votes (all saturday)
[0] 13th August
[3] 20th August
[2] 27th August

Let us know what you'll be bringing! We'll have VALA as usual ;-)

Comments

• Sweet !
    I have a new Gear VR game to show :)

I vote for the 13th !
    Thanked by 1roguecode
  • edited
    I can only do the 20th or 27th.

I will have the latest version of Riders of Asgard there ... this is the version that is being pushed to Steam Greenlight. I will also have the final published version of The Colony 2174 ... for anyone that maybe wants to play a game or two. That is if anyone is interested.
  • Unmfortunately, I can't make any of those dates.

It's my bachelors on the 13th, wedding on the 20th and I'll still be on honeymoon on the 27th.

Have fun folks. :)
  • Congratulations, @garethf!
    Thanked by 1garethf
  • edited
    Howdy!

Hmm, can't do 13th, but *maybe* one of the other two..

Any more info about the meetup, though? Where, what, etc? Is it at a pizza joint like last time we were out there, someones house, an office?

If we do manage it, earlier is almost certainly better. Still a bit of a pain having to drive that far though, but, alas we're stuck out here in nowhere :P

Edit: on a side note, we do want to come down there to Giba Gorge at some point for the biking, but that may not be for a couple months at least. Perhaps we'd be able to figure something out around that..
  • Ill Change my vote to the 20th to help Q and Shadow.
  • Howdy!

Hmm, can't do 13th, but *maybe* one of the other two..

Any more info about the meetup, though? Where, what, etc? Is it at a pizza joint like last time we were out there, someones house, an office?

If we do manage it, earlier is almost certainly better. Still a bit of a pain having to drive that far though, but, alas we're stuck out here in nowhere :P

Edit: on a side note, we do want to come down there to Giba Gorge at some point for the biking, but that may not be for a couple months at least. Perhaps we'd be able to figure something out around that..
    We're doing this at our home office in the Musgrave area. Address is in first post. The previous ones have followed a fairly casual approach of: eat pizza, discuss engines and how various games did certain things, and take turns showing and playing games that each person is working on.

This is from the last one:

We're trying to grow over the ~8 regulars but Durban is hard. Speaking of which, if any of you know others in Durban that may be interested, please link them here.
    SystemCrash.JPG
    2006 x 1388 - 178K
    Thanked by 2garethf Fengol
  • edited
    Thanks for that!

How soon/late would you need confirmation (assuming it's not on the 13th)?

Not much to show yet from our side (well, something, but it's not ready for eyes just yet..).
  • So I am assuming that based on the votes we are doing this meetup on Saturday the 20th August 2016 ... i.e. this Saturday?
  • Should we maybe hold off for a bit until more people can make it? Best case is 6 people right now :(
  • Sure, Im away from the 24th till the 8th, Maybe end of next month ?

Gives me more time to work on my Games xD Cause I'm lazy...
  • roguecode said:
    Should we maybe hold off for a bit until more people can make it? Best case is 6 people right now :(
    Maybe a good idea, at least from this end.
  • edited
    Heya! I'm keen to get involved in this. I am a bit confused on the date though :(. I can make any of the dates specified.
    Are there gunna be any talks?