A: Eddie Riggs

Comments

• This is actually pretty cool now, losing the thumb on that pixel was definitely a good idea, the general arm/hand shape reads better too :)

Maybe bring the arm in one pixel, it miiiight be too long, but it's really not glaring or anything.

The whole guy seems a bit squished, I think in your attempt to bulk him up you might have rather just made him shorter. To bulk someone up, it's the proportion between the head and the rest of the body you gotta think about - smaller head (bigger body + rest of him) = bulkier dude :)

The pants - are they a shade lighter? It seems blue-r, which is good. I think it's basically there :) The shoes are the only thing that doesn't seem to communicate entirely correctly. Play with it? :)

Really cool dude :)
  • Heyyy, that's looking good! :) I like the 5 'o clock shadow, and the shoes!

I like the pose, but I think you should make it clearer where the elbow is. Right now he seems to have rubber-band elbows to me.
  • So the face has been restored to how it was before. I took a pixel off the arm (at the sleeve) which I feel rounds off the arm a bit (hopefully giving Eddie a decent elbow.) Also dithered the shoes a bit more: I'm a bit happier with those, but I don't really know what to do with them

I'm actually rather happy with him at this point.

@Elyaradine the only thing I can really do to the elbow is add an extra pixel so it makes a pi/4 angle.
    Eddie9.png
    32 x 32 - 4K
    Eddie large9.png
    128 x 128 - 5K
    Thanked by 1Nandrew
  • Hands look great.
  • edited
    So I added the axe, which meant moving Eddie's left arm. I'm not happy with how it is looking I like the axe, but the position is kind of urk. Thoughts? (And yes I know there is a lack of shading on the arm right now. It won't be done until the position is right.)

@Nandrew sorry that I changed the hand, I promise to make it look really cool with the axe (eventually) n_n
    Eddie10.png
    32 x 32 - 4K
    Eddie large10.png
    128 x 128 - 5K
  • Here is with a tweaked arm, and a more vicious axe.
    I actually did these sometime during the weekend, but I kinda forgot to upload them (g'damn business exam)

Eddie11.png
    32 x 32 - 4K
    Eddie large11.png
    128 x 128 - 5K
    Thanked by 1hanli
  • Seriously, this is looking more awesome each time you update. I particularly like that there's lots of shading. I need to do the same on my entry
  • edited
    @aodendaal thanks :) though that was a rather unshaded one. I was more worried about trying to get the arm right than making it look shaded.

So I started at the mirror while holding a giant wooden spoon to try and figure out WTF to do with with this pose. My current view is that while not technically correct it still looks good enough for the purposes of representing what is going on.

So with the pose staying the same I got to do some shading.

I also dropped back to the old bracer style. The one I had was to try and show the arm bending, and I really didn't like it.

And well fuck, and soon as I was done I looked in PS and decided to change him. On a slightly technical note seperating him into layers might seem like a good idea. . . I'm currently not sure about it. my shading is a real mess between layers.

Eddie12.png
    32 x 32 - 4K
    Eddie large12.png
    128 x 128 - 5K
    Eddie13.png
    32 x 32 - 4K
    Eddie large13.png
    128 x 128 - 5K