[SA Game Jam 2016] Mixed Feelings

Title: Mixed Feelings

Level of Experience: Student

Time Period: 48hr entry

Team Members:
- Shane House
- Marissa van Wyngaardt

About the game:
Mixed feelings is a 2D platformer about using emotions and the powers they hold to get through a madhouse before the lobotomists get you!

FINAL BUILD (Windows & Web): https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzminoujre4jfuq/Mixed Feelings (Windows & Web).zip?dl=0
Best enjoyed in a 16:9 resolution. (1280x720)

*phew*
That was a workout!

Comments

• This sounds awesome! I can't wait to see how it turns out :D
  • edited
    A gif of the player at the beginning of a level. Animation is a bit chunky in the gif though.

Our player is already functional, but I'll be adding the sprite change with each transition so it will make more sense.

IdlePlayer.gif
    693 x 520 - 55K
  • Colour mixing up and running! Combine your basic emotions to create new abilities.

Now all that's left is to design some levels, and a reset button!

IdlePlayer2.gif
    693 x 403 - 772K
    Thanked by 1EvanGreenwood
    Looking good :) good luck today
    Happy-Face-Meme-07.jpg
    684 x 680 - 53K
    Thanked by 1CandyflossKid
  • Aah! I got stuck and quit after about 15 levels and it didn't save my progress! (unless I'm being stupid).

Some rad ideas in here! Not sure, but some of the levels felt like they could be solved in multiple ways.

It felt like switching between characters only worked in certain circumstances.
  • We wanted to allow the player a variety of ways to get through the level, as part of the "expression" theme (and various abilities). Decent level design was pretty tricky for us to pull off in a weekend though, considering how much time was spent on the actual game creation. I think it would be quite a challenge to balance level difficulty without restricting the character choices, unless some of the more powerful abilities were nerfed.

Thanks for the feedback!