[EVENT] ICON by the Sea (1st to 3rd April in Durban, KZN)

edited in Events

It's coming! After a hugely successful inaugeral event last year, ICON will be returning to Durban for round 2! Join us for a weekend of fun and games. Loads of fun events will be on the go with a few exciting surprises in the works as well.

Venue: Durban North College / Durban - Noord Kollege, 25 Prospect Hall Road, 4053 Durban, South Africa
Date: 1st to 3rd April 2016

Times:
  • Friday 1 April: Noon til late (Vendors Hall closes at 6)
  • Saturday 2 April: 9am - 6pm
  • Sunday: 3 April: 9am - 3pm
Costs:
  • Day Pass: R30
  • Weekend Pass R50
  • Free entry after 6pm on Friday
Events: There will also be a Battle Heritage Event - http://www.battleheritage.co.za/event/fight-a-knight-battle-heritage-sa-at-icon-by-the-sea-2016/

Brochure: https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Icon by the Sea Gamers Brochure.pdf?token=AWyDSf4KpVTouvTvr8dCAvx8I9GblRMzIYIeciVu0o6jWM_lGpU-0td5VwKqggaYU1XDWjwMXyh60ZpRPOXHGPnFXjEhe7O8oDYQEHVL6LgypC45fMxGE98aJMBj9s4rPiw

I will be in the demo area for the whole weekend, stop by and say hello. 8-}

Comments

• Where *is* it? I keep hearing about it and I keep wondering about it :P
  • Tuism said:
    Where *is* it? I keep hearing about it and I keep wondering about it :P
    I will confirm venue and entrance fees and agenda as soon as I get the details. 8-}
  • No I mean, is it Durban? CT? PE? Or in Joburg by a nice swimming pool? :P
  • Tuism said:
    No I mean, is it Durban? CT? PE? Or in Joburg by a nice swimming pool? :P
    LOL ... Updated post ... it is in Durban, KZN.
  • I'll have a stand at ICON this year, will be showing System Crash. Come round and say hi if you're around. :)
    Thanked by 2quintond mikethetike
  • edited
    In honour of ICON by the Sea this year, we have decided to create a limited edition run of this special event card. Only 100 of these will be printed and you will have to come to ICON by the Sea to get it.

The theme is intended to be in line with being near the sea, so it is time to Awaken the Kraken. See you there.

Edit: We changed the card to be more in line with being at the sea.
  • Hey, what is Aa? Is that the new symbol for "all"?
  • roguecode said:
    Hey, what is Aa? Is that the new symbol for "all"?
    Hey, yep it is the new symbol for always ... the infinity symbol was causing too much confusion. 8-}

• Looks like you'd be able to fit saying "All" on there.
  • We could but we have the following Symbols used to prevent ambiguity or misreading:

-- Aa for Always
    -- Ee for Even
    -- Oo for Odd
    -- Dd for Doubles

So far those symbols have worked well and doesn't require to make the font smaller to fit in some of the other words. We are also working on other activation symbols ... but that is Hush-Hush. 8-}
  • The periodic symbol style "icon" is actually quite confusing. It think some other kind of iconography could have tied them all together better. Maybe there's nothing wrong with just be verbose: those aren't very long words.
  • Tuism said:
    The periodic symbol style "icon" is actually quite confusing. It think some other kind of iconography could have tied them all together better. Maybe there's nothing wrong with just be verbose: those aren't very long words.
    I am unaware of any confusion ever in the games that have been played thus far. Even though the words are long, it will break the styling of the cards and I would prefer not to do that.

EventCards_Deck.png
    800 x 600 - 342K
  • By confusing I meant unintuitive, sorry bad choice of words :) If people could understand it without being told it it would be best. But yeah until I have a better idea I can't really suggest them :)
    Thanked by 1quintond
  • Event location confirmed and first post updated. I have added a link to the Facebook page as well.
  • edited
    I have updated the events and times and costs. Do you think we can get this "stickied" until it is over?

There will also be a Battle Heritage Event - http://www.battleheritage.co.za/event/fight-a-knight-battle-heritage-sa-at-icon-by-the-sea-2016/
  • The limited edition cards are now here ... only 100 of these were printed and you need to come to ICON by the sea to claim one.

535300_10153805137825073_8320009001320374292_n.jpg
    960 x 960 - 137K
  • edited
    The demo units have arrived for ICON by the sea. These are still the old logo as they were ordered at the end of February and we are looking at a box re-design ... so in essence these are one of a kind items. 8-}

944978_10153827922380073_8544250686203444386_n.jpg
    960 x 960 - 107K
    Thanked by 2dammit garethf
  • The professionalism is too damn high
    Thanked by 1quintond
  • It is the last day of ICON by the sea, if you haven't managed to make it, I highly recommend you come through today. The hall is open until 15:00 today and then ICON by the sea is over.