Win a chance to showcase your game at rAge Cape Town

edited in Events
We're excited to announce that this year we will be hosting our very own stand at rAge.
We will be giving 6 game developers a chance to present your game to SA's gaming community.
Your game can be on any platform, you will have to have to bring your own equipment to showcase your game.
Why are we doing this? To allow game developers the opportunity to showcase their game to SA’s gaming community.
We are a tech recruitment company so we are just trying to promote the Tech industry and the different careers that come from it (one of them being game development). No strings attached, you come and present and that is it. We will promote your game on our social media just to give people a heads up on what to expect at our stand which will hopefully allow your game to get a bigger audience. Each winner will be given a time slot (more or a less half day) to present their game at rAge. This competition is open to individuals, no companies.

For more info email chanelle@nu-beginnings.co.za
Thanked by 1schmeagol

Comments

• Hey.
    Maybe you could give some brief info about how you win so you don't get loads of unneeded emails? Especially if it is something more complicated than putting a name in a hat.
  • Hey. Thanks for your response. I updated the info. Hope this helps!
  • This sounds interesting, but from your post there's still quite a few things that aren't clear, so I've rambled a bit and typed out a few of the things that I would want answers to before I would apply: What kinda of games do you want? PC, mobile, console, alternative? Any specific genre? Is any hardware provided? What sort of marketing/promotional material is provided, if any? What does "presenting" entail? How much space does each game get? Do you have a mockup of your stand layout? By when do you want entries? When will you announce the winners? What must people do to apply? Why are you doing this? What do you want in return, if anything? Why would someone want to showcase their game with you versus the home_coded stand? Do you want individuals, companies, or both? Students/part-time or full-time?

Sorry for the wall of text, I could go on, but it's already quite a few questions. Hopefully my ramblings help illuminate what others might also be wondering
    Thanked by 3pieter dammit schmeagol
  • edited
    I have returned with answers..

Basically your game can be on any platform, you will have to have to bring your own equipment to showcase your game.
    Why are we doing this? To allow game developers the opportunity to showcase their game to SA’s gaming community. We are a tech recruitment company so we are just trying to promote the Tech industry and the different careers that come with it (one of them being game development). No strings attached, you come and present and that is it. We will promote your game on our social media just to give people a heads up on what to expect at our stand which will hopefully allow your game to get a bigger audience. Each winner will be given a time slot (more or a less half day) to present their game at rAge. This competition is open to individuals, no companies. We will select the games which will get an opportunity to showcase based on the content, design and functionality etc.

Oh and the competition closes on the 11th March 2016.