Steam Greenlight - Can I use a different name to the registered company?

We are getting ready to launch a project on Greenlight next month but there are a few things we need to find out in preparing for it.

Will I be able to use a company that I own that does e-commerce hardware to register for on steam greenlight but still use the name "Obsessive Notion" as the developer and publisher of my game on steam?

Comments

• The name used on Greenlight is that of the Steam account name that is the main uploader of the project.

Actual company stuff only happens after you're done with Greenlight.
  • edited
    And if we do land on steam?
  • You can change it.
  • AFAIK, you'll sign a whole host of contracts and agreements with Valve at that point. So you can sign that as whatever company you happen to be.
  • edited
    dislekcia said:
    AFAIK, you'll sign a whole host of contracts and agreements with Valve at that point. So you can sign that as whatever company you happen to be.
    Yes but the thing is what if I want to use my company called "randomname" and on steam as "newname" without registering "newname" as a company in SA
  • Zaphire said:
    dislekcia said:
    AFAIK, you'll sign a whole host of contracts and agreements with Valve at that point. So you can sign that as whatever company you happen to be.
    Yes but the thing is what if I want to use my company called "randomname" and on steam as "newname" without registering "newname" as a company in SA
    You can change the name shown to the public to anything you wish.
    The company name is private and for Valve only.
    Thanked by 1Zaphire
  • @bischonator Thanks for the info because we have spent a lot of money already and then another R900 for steam greenlight and another R700 for another company name would make it even more. Will then register the name once we make money :)
  • This is not a lot of money.
  • Boysano said:
    This is not a lot of money.
    Maybe from your perspective and situation :)