online game

Hi all,
Hope you could help me I need to find the best way of getting our game to work online. This is a game designed for online gambling and it will have 6 players per game. What do you guys think is the best and most reliable way of getting it to work online? Any help would be appreciated.
Regards.

Comments

• Hi and welcome to MGSA!

Unfortunately, from what you've said ("online gambling and it will have 6 players per game") it's pretty much impossible to give you a good answer. Just a few of the question I can think of off the top of my head:

What sort of game is it? Real-time or turn-based? Is it a "real" gambling game, so security is a major concern, or is that just a description and you'll play with fake money? Besides the 6 players, do you want spectators? Do you want communication between the players? Text or voice? How long does a game typically last? If someone disconnects, what do you expect to happen? How do you want to deal with latency? What engine are you using? What platforms are you targeting? Do you have a playable prototype that you want to extend? ...

Those are just some of the questions that might need to be answered before it makes sense to try give you a better answer. We could give you generic information, like look at client-server models vs peer to peer models, etc. but it uncertain if that would be super useful for you. So basically, please give us a better idea of what your problem so we can give you a proper answer :)
    Thanked by 2Sash pieter
  • You will have to build a game server with realtime networking.

You can look at pomelo api which is a game server framework built on nodejs.

Good luck, and please feel free to ask any questions if you get stuck