A: Cate Archer

I'll be honest: I never did get to play No One Lives Forever. But I did watch a good couple of hours of a friend playing (because, for some reason, I enjoy watching...)! I was a big fan of the 70s, bright neon art, and I think it'll be fun to try and keep some of her curves while going low-res. :D

Here she is so far...

I was doing it with the ref above, but I think the outward curving hairstyle is the more iconic one, so I'll redo that bit after I've gotten some sculpting homework done. :) Also needs some polish on the hands, maybe the face.

Comments

• Wow O_o that looks great, if I can comment her left arm seems a bit blockish? The rest looks good and can't wait for the updated version :D
  • edited
    Thanks, I agree! :)

And before/after, for fun: image
    Thanked by 1Nandrew
  • edited
    Oh gerddem, you artist types are cray-cray. Can't even imagine tackling the full 64, but the black outlining really pays off and looks particularly sweet.

Only crit I can remotely think of is her front foot looking like it has an odd lump behind it (with the boot and all), and that's after staring at the pic for a minute or two.
  • Um... would you mind highlighting the bit you're talking about? Because I'm not sure what you mean. :red:
  • I think he's talking about the last 4 pixels of the left foot - it becomes a square of black pixels instead of an outline. I think you can safely take it out.

I think it looks cool! For some reason I think the head mmmmmay be a bit "back", with her chin right on the centre line just on her cleavage, and that bit of black outline under the belt makes her seem... boopy. I thought it could be a skirt but it didn't terminate after either.

Maybe give the hairband abit less symmetry, cos it's conflicting in 3-dimensionality with the rest of the figure (a bit like the chin/cleavage thing).

Sorry, they're all just minor niggles :) You has a good work there! :D Black outline's great, if my dwarves could have outlines I'd totally use them :D (they can't cos they animate in parts)
  • Top of the boot, actually. :P If you squint funny and tilt your head to the left it looks a bit like a backwards kneecap. And this is really kinda minor, I dunno much about giving meaningful useful feedback on a well-done piece besides, uh, a pat on the back. :P

• edited
    Isn't that cos she's a mech? Reverse joints encourage faster running :P

Jokes aside, yeah the calve part seem a bit too far out, maybe bring it in a tad. Just noticed the detail shading there, love it, nicely detailed :)
    mechgirl.gif
    484 x 341 - 24K
  • edited
    Just some touchups based on crit. :) Sacrified the blues that I was using on the background to make the black outline less punchy. Now it's 15 colours.

I tried moving the head forward, but imo it looked worse.

• But the boots are GORGEOUS! ;)