Working for microsoft?

edited in Questions and Answers
I've been thinking recently: we have meetings every month at this wonderful venue but how does one work for microsoft?

And I don't even mean highly qualified jobs but basic things as well. The thought came up when I was discussing makegamessa in my circle of friends. Someone asked can you work for microsoft and I didn't have an answer but it intrigued me.

How do you gain such employment? Agencies? I can't stop pondering

I thought maybe the community would have more insight on this matter.

Thanks to all and any responses

Comments

• edited
    The easiest way is to get into their internship programs, and the easiest way to do that is to be doing things with Microsoft technologies:
    Internships - We will be shortlisting Windows 8 and Windows Phone Internships for Dec and Jan - , we will only consider students that have built and published an App in the Windows Phone and Window 8 Stores

Jobs – We will be through a partner, hiring about 15 Students in November for fulltime jobs: only students who will be graduating and also comfortable in building Apps for the Windows Platform ( Windows Phone, Windows 8 and Windows Azure)
    (From the guys I interface with).

I can put you in touch with them if you would like, but you really need to have made Windows 8 or Windows Phone apps/games to be considered.

As for full time employment I dont know, but I think they do recruitment drives like every other company does.
  • Thanks for the info. I will let you know if I have anything worth showing.