E: E.I.D.O.S.S.

edited in Online Competitions & Jams
Name:
Escape Imminent Death On Space Station or E.I.D.O.S.S. for short :p

Short Story:
You have to escape from a space station where the power source is going critical in 5 minutes, the only way for you and the other 20 members to escape is by "Quick Manufacture" a method of creating a space ship really quick using pre assembled components.

Game Type:
Top down 2d puzzle game thing... working on that, nothings set in stone.

Game Mechanics:
1. You have a blueprint of the ship split into a grid of slots, some slots contain the engine and ship stuffs needed for escape and cant be moved.
2. You have Red and Blue wires to conduct the power from the power cell to the components (Red ups the power output, Blue lowers the power output).
3. You have to place the Blue and Red wires into the slots to connect the components at the right voltage or you may cause that system to over power and kill every one any way.

If there is time, mods for more fun:
Hmmm ya gona get to that if I have time, lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Ok this is the pitch in short, hope it makes sence. Will put up a concept soon, if anything in the post doesn't make sence just say so and I will mod post :). Now back to the lab for prep work

Comments

• That sounds fun and manic :D
  • edited
    That sounds almost like one of the puzzles in the Lost Tv Series' game on xbox (don't judge - I got it as a gift). Sounds fun.
  • @LexAquillia Ironically saw that board game a day before your post, I wants to play it lol! Think that did affect my decision to make the game for this compo. Sorry for the really really late reply :(

Now on to the game news itself, Holy Sh*t I wasted 3 weeks :,( got injured at work and only got back to programming yesterday.

Warning this post may contain programmer art and may not be suitable for younger viewers!

Update 04/11/2013

----- Work done -----
    Work on tiles:
    Tiles are now created when clicked on and follow mouse
    Timer is working correctly
    Time is now deducted when tiles are created

Work on map:
    Map is created when game starts up

----- Work to be done -----
    Make tiles rotate when grabbed and right mouse button is clicked
    Create tile map to fit tiles into
    Work out how tiles are going to communicate with each other to "transfer" power from one to the other
    Try and create 3 or 4 maps that get loaded randomly --> Optional after game core is finnished
    Panic because the project is way behind! --> Busy with

----- Mechanics update -----
    Because I couldn't program I had time to play and simplify how I wanted the mechanics to work, basically your time is coupled to the amount of power you use, you use power when you create parts for the escape pod so in tern you shorten your own time as you create parts.

Ok now for some screen shot he he he:
    Before Luanch:

After Luanch:
    Screen_shot.png
    998 x 598 - 19K
    Screen_shot1.png
    998 x 598 - 67K
  • edited
    Update 06/11/2013

----- Work done -----
    Make tiles rotate when grabbed and right mouse button is clicked
    Create tile map to fit tiles into
    Tiles are now correctly placed in blocks
    Tiles now inherit the power modifier
    Sending a tile to the trash now works

----- Work to still do -----
    Try and create 3 or 4 maps that get loaded randomly --> Optional after game core is finished
    Work out how tiles are going to communicate with each other to "transfer" power from one to the other
    Panic because the project is way behind! --> Very busy with this!

----- Brace for screenshot! -----

PS. Is anyone even reading my posts?
    Screen_shot2.png
    1016 x 638 - 52K
  • PS. Is anyone even reading my posts?
    I am reading, just dont have the time at the moment to give proper feedback.
    I think everyone is wrapped up in their own little (or not so little) projects at the moment.
    So hang tight, I'm sure there will be some feedback. Maybe not in time for the Compo E deadline, but c'est la vie.
  • @Nitrogen Lol ya that's life but thanks for reading.
  • @LittleBear - Reading and waiting for a playable :)
  • @FanieG Thanks, just noticed I have a memory leak that is crippling the game, I really hope to have something playable before closing date :/ lost allot of time.
  • I was hoping to finish this in time but it seems I wont be able to, I will finish the prototype though and get it out there to test but not in time for the competition end date.

Hopefully my next post will include a playable dl, till later guys.