Euphoria LD26

I posted my Ludum Dare entry a while but forgot to tell all you about it! :) You play as a dying child in the after life collecting the memories. The story is in poetry though I admit the time restraint caused my story to be a bit, iffy. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the game play and the graphics I managed to pump out!

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-26/?action=preview&uid=23152

Also, it's time for me to be more active on this forum so I'll be taking a look at all your things soon!
Thanked by 1hanli

Comments

• Well that was quite unexpected. Enjoyed the originality on that one! Especially the surrealist style and flashing between dimensions.

My main advice would probably be to focus a bit more. There's quite a lot going on there: Platforming, monster/enemies, abstract stories. I'd much rather play a more distilled version that does its best thing well. So in this case trying to deal with monsters can be a bit annoying when really you're just interested in the story and what this world you find yourself in is all about.
  • Are you going to work on this some more? I really struggled to navigate the scene and figure where I was supposed to go. I agree with @TheFuntastic that a distilled experience might have given you more time to polish elements.

I love the premise though and it's a story that pulled me in to know what was wrong with the kid but the navigation kept turning me off.
  • The navigation was a bit frustrating, and the cut-scenes did confused me a bit as you could move, and by the time I got to reading the message, it had disappeared. But other than that the game seems quite fun. The storytelling of the game reminds me of Braid, and the look and feel reminds me of Limbo. I'd quite like to see more though, a @TheFuntatstic and @aodendaal both mentioned, it needs some distillation.
  • Ye, I'm definitely continuing with this one :) After Ludum Dare I'm going to make it change more smoothly between scenes and have better navigation. I was considering extending the story quite a bit. Oh and check it out, Markiplier played one of my other games My main aim from this was to get a particular atmosphere and by looking your guys comments I feel happy knowing I achieved that. Thanks for the support!
    Thanked by 1Bensonance
  • www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NwJXxKtaRw