Star Code Galaxy

edited in General
Hi everyone,

For those of you who follow Casey Muratori and the Handmade Hero series, you might be pleased to find out about a new programming course he's starting soon: Star Code Galaxy.

You can sign up to the mailing list at https://starcodegalaxy.com.

It seems to me that Casey's projects usually fly under the mainstream radar, so I thought I'd try and spread the word.

For those of you who don't know, Casey Muratori worked at RAD game tools where he primarily worked on an animation system called Granny 3D and a popular video codec for games called Bink which have been used in thousands of games. He also did programming work on The Witness.

So if learning more about programming from a veteran game programmer is something you're interested in, make sure to sign up to the mailing list for notifications about when the course becomes available.

I'll probably update this thread, depending on feedback, when the course becomes available for those who are interested but don't want to sign up now for whatever reason.

As an aside, I've posted about Handmade Hero before, the community seemed pretty divided on whether or not it was a good resource. So I encourage people (who know) to use this thread to talk about the pros and cons of Casey's method of teaching on Handmade Hero and perhaps what could come out of Star Code Galaxy -- which seems to be a more structured programming course.

I'm really excited to see what he does with this course, given the now years of experience he has with teaching on Handmade Hero.

Happy game programming everyone!