Microsoft Kodu Game Lab

edited in General
Anyone checked this out yet?

http://www.kodugamelab.com/
Kodu lets kids create games on the PC and XBox via a simple visual programming language. Kodu can be used to teach creativity, problem solving, storytelling, as well as programming. Anyone can use Kodu to make a game, young children as well as adults with no design or programming skills.
Seems to be a great tool to teach kids (8 and upwards) about game dev, but what's cool is that it also seems powerful enough to serve as a rapid prototyping tool. Comes with built-in examples, lessons, etc. and is pretty easy to figure out.

You need a Xbox controller to get the most out of the samples, which is a bit of a bummer, but I reckon it's worth taking a look at. Oh, and the PC version is free and only a 200Mb download.
Thanked by 1Elyaradine

Comments

• When it first came out I was very excited about it but I found some severe limitations in what you could program and the UI and controller weren't the most comfortable for "programming".

What I was really hoping was that they'd release the source for Kodu because I would have loved to have built their cube-sque style world and use their models in XNA.
  • Must say, I love the style of the worlds as well. Reminds me a little bit of Stonehearth.