Unity C# Developer

edited in Jobs
Hi guys.

I'm looking for a new job. I am primarily interested in C#/Unity Positions. I like to work on editor tools and/or shaders.
I am self taught in C#. I have never had the chance to get a BSC or similar, and it doesn't seem like this will ever be possible, so I expect to be automatically rejected by note alone. I am open to any junior positions.

I am interested in render pipeline things or working on general Game Mechanics or unity extensions and pipeline tools.
I am also self taught in 3D Modelling in 3DSMax and Substance Designer. I can build my own 3D Models if required.
I am also open to any positions that could include 3D Modelling or content creation, but I prefer writing C# over building 3D Models. For me asset creation is a necessity and not all much of a passion, I consider myself to have pretty much zero artistic ability. Programmer art.

I would like to get experience in VR, but mere mortals cannot afford such hardware.

My last 3 jobs were :

Learn3D - Feb 2016 – Nov 2017
Fundamentals Lecturer introducing beginners to C# and Unity.
Was my first experience at teaching.

Boiler Room - Dec 2017 – Mar 2018
C# Developer (Full Time)
Framework development for a training tool.

24BitGames - Aug 2018 – Mar 2019
C# Developer (Contract). Custom NavMesh Generation Tool.
(I'm not sure if NDA prevents me from publicly describing exactly what I worked on here, I assume NDA is always in effect)

For personal projects I have been playing is various things of little noteworthiness. I figure nothing I am working on is particularly interesting anyhow.

I am very much interested in sci fi, space games and related physics and mechanics - so I have been working on this, but its still very bare-bones and not much to see: Most assets used in this project are my own creation.
I am uncertain If this will ever see completion or fleshing out.

Other ideas I have been playing with:

I even created an ASCII minesweeper clone as a follow-along while working at Learn3D
(as my approach to trying to teach game mechanics and logic in C# before advancing to Unity)

Comments

• edited
    Bump: Some 3D Content or models I built for my own projects, and screenshots where they have been used, or just screenshots of some personal things. Being self taught I suppose none of these are really relevant or professional or even good. But maybe there is at least a tiny chance I could end up with an asset related job at least if can't land a C# job.

Cannons with LOD
    (I despise automatic mesh compression, so this kind of thing I feel should always be done by hand as there isn't really any compression which exists that isn't outright destructive)

Fighter Craft (rendered and MatID base texturing workflow in Substance designer, modeled in Max).

Modular Medieval style meshes rendered in Unity via a custom shader which generates Tiled Box-Map tile uvs directly in the shader instead of using triplanar mapping. (They are similar but unlike Triplanar mapping there are no backwards or flipped UVS). Most textures here were designed via Substance Designer. I was attempting to reduce workload by building a shader which requires zero UV sets for all my architectural meshes.

Another model created in Max, textures using MatID workflow in Substance Designer, and pulled into Unity.

Also a Substance Designer texturing thing:

A planet generator Unity Plugin tool I was building for myself at one point.
    Abandoned due to uncertainty weather Substance Designer would finally have 8K support in Unity
    (which would eliminate the need for me to continue developing this tool). Still uncertain to this day.

A planet generated by the above tool:

Thanked by 1konman
  • I also used to draw and post my own concept art, but gave up on.
    I only draw occasionally to pass time now, or to come up with ideas for my own 3D Assets.

Thanked by 1konman
  • edited
    Another game idea I was playing with years ago - a Darwinia styled RTS with Populus - like mechanics.

Modeled and conceptualized only yesterday, fully LODed meshes for maybe a Mars/Colony related game I am contemplating trying to build.
    Thanked by 2iceblademush konman