[Pixel Artist] Looking for a pixel artist to work on Grave Days (semi-paid)

I am the team lead, developer and game designer of a small team based in Cape Town working on Grave Days. We are 2 permanent members, the other being @JeandreViljoen who is creative lead and also in charge of sound and music design. We sometimes would have temporary roles helping out with specifics. I have come here to look for a pixel artist who would want to work on the game part time, since our previous artist unfortunately got too busy to carry on working on the game.

You can read more about the game on the MGSA forum:
MGSA forum thread

And find the game on the ITCH.io store:
Store page

First, a brief about the game: It's a zombie apocalypse survival, with pretty & cool lighting and visual system, that allows for some tense moments and scares as you don't know what's around the corner - even though its a 2D game. It has elements of crafting and base building - which will still be greatly expanded upon. Over the coming year, a much heavier focus will be put on survivors and their role in the apocalyptic world, rather than just zombies. The game features a procedurally generated world, which is continually expanded upon to give some fresh excitement to every game. This will include things like random furniture and survivors and zombies composed of different parts and colours.

About the role: We are looking for someone who is passionate about pixel art, and are not necessarily looking for a AAA pixel artist because we simply don't have the budget for it. Previous experience on a game is not necessary and if you don't have a portfolio to show, we will just test you out with a few simple drawings and animations. The budget is around R2000 p/m. We realise this is not a lot - hence we are looking for someone who wants a project to work on for experience and for the creative satisfaction of working on a project like this. This compensation is just a bit of an extra reward and not something you can sustain yourself on!

This is expected to last for at least 6 months with the possibility (if all goes well) - of extending it further. Though we are also open to negotiations where we might pay more per month for a shorter time period for more work delivered. There will certainly be a good profit share as well (good as in percentage, not like we can guarantee that the game will be a financial success!), again though this will all be tied to negotiations and will consider things like work effort etc.

You will be expected to design the style for the pixel art with some input from the team, and then to implement it for characters, animations, inventory items and terrain.

This is the current style, though you aren't expected to mimic it if you come up with your own style.
bat2.gif
350 x 350 - 7M
Thanked by 1JeandreViljoen

Comments

• I am interested in it. When do we start?
    Thanked by 1Denzil
  • Hi! I am a pixel artist, my work is available to be viewed on my personal twitter: https://twitter.com/Luchan_draws

I've attached some of my works off my twitter and would be able to mimic the pixel art style used.
    I would love to make more games in the future and would love the opportunity to learn!
    0b6a7893902f07782ac321f22187cb3a35efe6b3.jpg
    695 x 829 - 99K
    Thanked by 1Denzil
  • Luchan said:
    Hi! I am a pixel artist, my work is available to be viewed on my personal twitter: https://twitter.com/Luchan_draws

I've attached some of my works off my twitter and would be able to mimic the pixel art style used.
    I would love to make more games in the future and would love the opportunity to learn!
    Your art looks great, thanks for replying! For the time being, we have found someone to fill the role, so unfortunately we can't take another person on board just yet.

Any mods reading this, this thread can now be closed.

This discussion has been closed.