Spry Fox is hiring (Senior Software Engineer, C++)

Spry Fox is looking for a senior engineer, experienced with C++ (and ideally with Unreal 4 as well) to help us begin work on a new, original game. This will involve several months (at least) of blue-sky, rapid prototyping. :)

We have a lot more detail up on our job listing: http://spryfox.com/2018/08/11/were-hiring-senior-software-engineer-c/

I've been working at Spry Fox for just over a year now and it's been a terrific experience. Let me know if you have any questions that aren't answered in the listing :)

Comments

• edited
    C++... Good luck with that. Smart people - and new languages - are migrating back in the direction of C.
    I've been working at Spry Fox for just over a year now and it's been a terrific experience.
    You would say that, though, wouldn't you? After all, you're being paid by Spry Fox.
  • edited
    Update on this position: we're actively in the process of interviewing candidates, so if you're planning on applying then try get that application in yesterday! ;)
    C++... Good luck with that. Smart people - and new languages - are migrating back in the direction of C.
    The work for this role has Unreal as a hard requirement, which means C++ skills would be very useful - we're always open to great candidates with any background, but I'd go so far as to say that if you don't even have a cursory knowledge of C++ this probably isn't the role for you. We'd love to have someone familiar with Unreal too, but we're willing to have a period of learning and skilling up at the start. Most of our other teams are using Unity, although that's not a hard requirement, it just depends on the scenario.
    I've been working at Spry Fox for just over a year now and it's been a terrific experience.
    You would say that, though, wouldn't you? After all, you're being paid by Spry Fox. Surprise surprise!
    Sure, but Spry Fox has a good reputation from long before I joined them, and their great work culture is one of the big reasons I've chosen to work with them. Personally I'm in the fortunate position that I have a couple other options I could consider, Spry Fox just happens to be a good fit :)

I advise candidates to do their own research on what it's like to work at a place before working there long term. Look at the online presence of the place, the image they put out and of course ask questions during the interview process about things that are important for you. What's their reputation like? Will you actually enjoy working there and be treated well? The interview process is a 2-way street, you're also interviewing the employer to determine if they'll be a good fit for you!

Here's a short video about what Spry Fox is like:
  • edited
    The job posting's asking for C++ because that's what Unreal Engine 4's programming language is.

[edit] Oops, ninja'd.
    Thanked by 1AngryMoose
  • C++... Good luck with that. Smart people - and new languages - are migrating back in the direction of C.
    You would say that, though, wouldn't you? After all, you're being paid by Spry Fox.
    This negativity is absolutely unnecessary. If you'd like to have a conversation about the relevance of particular languages in game development feel free to start a new topic on that. If you have a valid concern about the company posting the ad, raise it with the admin and they can determine if the post should be taken down or blocked.