Wow what a coincidence !!

edited in Projects
Deleted this because I might have over reacted here.

Comments

• lol. It's weird when something you're doing is been done somewhere else. Often means you're on a good path if other people are thinking the same thing.

Of course, the triangle is very strongly associated with Egypt, and both games appear to be Egypt themed.

I've been hearing this past year that Egypt themed video games are seeing a bit of a resurgence (Egypt levels used to be huge in the 90s).
  • .....really?
    Thanked by 1Elyaradine
  • O.k. didn't know the issue with Egyptian themed games making a comeback and that that theme had always been part of those games. That makes a lot more sense to me now ... but its still pretty weird though :-)
  • One very recent example of an Egypt themed game :) (though it doesn't have prominent triangles)

Of course, besides the Destiny expansion.
  • One very recent example of an Egypt themed game :) (though it doesn't have prominent triangles)

Of course, besides the Destiny expansion.
    Yeah that looks good btw. See there is no need to go and rip someone else because their work is very creative and
    has a unique spark to it.
    That whole Destiny series basically just looks like a more flashy Star Wars to me lightsabers and all.
    It just doesn't have a very inspired look to it :-)
    And if you Google image search for portals or gateways in games and film there are none with a triangular shape.
    Why would they suddenly go with a triangle ... oh because they saw I was doing it in my game concept.
    That is just what I think but you guys can disagree that is fine :-)
    And their whole concept of the "Infinite forest" ....
    The World of Clouds I have is also a world where time converges and past future and present coexists.
    That AND the triangle.
    Its a total rip as far as I am concerned.

• Assassin's Creed Origins. Egypt as a theme is coming back in a big way.

I'm pretty much 100% sure they didn't "read your script" and "copy your triangle portal"....... And honestly even if the off chance they did (minuscule), what difference does it make? Did they sell more copies because of it?

I think your energy can be much better spent than on finding triangles around the internet thinking they did you wrong.
  • Tuism said:
    Assassin's Creed Origins. Egypt as a theme is coming back in a big way.

I'm pretty much 100% sure they didn't "read your script" and "copy your triangle portal"....... And honestly even if the off chance they did (minuscule), what difference does it make? Did they sell more copies because of it?

I think your energy can be much better spent than on finding triangles around the internet thinking they did you wrong.
    You are making good points.
    I also think maybe the setting I have right now is somewhat generic and its more the story WITHIN that framework that matters. That is where I will focus on next. But I will disagree slightly with you that its just a coincidence that someone else designed an "infinite forest with a triangular porthole" that leads to it. Its a little too close to my idea. I mean if it was just a porthole to another world with time in a state of flux that would be o.k. We see that in Star Trek all the time.
    Or if it was a glowing blue triangle to another world only that would be fine too. Its just that somehow they combined BOTH those into their concept. I find that a little too coincidental. :-)
    But anyways ... I am not getting angry over this I am kicking off on the story development on the 21st and I hope I can make that very unique within the "generic setting" :-)