Suggestion for MGSA competitions.

edited in Questions and Answers
Hello I'm Treeman and I was one of Hanli's students.

I'm really in love with the MGSA competitions. The community participation they've been creating is pretty awesome but I don't think they're being used as effectively as they could.

Somebody asked something like; "What do the winners actually win?" and while the winner announcement and participant critiques were really awesome, these threads are going to disappear into the depths of the discussions list.

Would it be at all possible to implement some sort of "WINNARS board" ? A dedicated web page with a link, right next to "Discussions", for showing off the best amateur devs , artists and designers the MGSA community has to offer. After each competition the top 3 entries could be posted, along with the competition's guide lines and some sort of contact details (email address/website) for the top 3 entrants. Other notable entries, special awards (, eg "most improved artist" ) and a link to the "announcement thread" could also be posted (maybe?).

I just feel that this kind of system could be more rewarding for the participants (,the reward being the exposure,) and would make the process far more game-like. Additionally , this will create a kind of portfolio for the MGSA community, showing off the standard of work and giving the less acomplished something to aspire to but in a more permanant way. Most importantly , it would show people outside of MGSA what's going on in here and encourage more people to get involved and excited about making games.

Maybe this could just be a tumblr but I kind of feel it should be part of the site.

I think @edg3 is the man I should be talking to but i'd really like some feedback, ideas n stuffz ....(tell me if im being an idiot.)

P.S.
If there is any crazy english going on I'm sorry but spell checked most words , read it like 11 times and im dyslexic :P

Comments