Unity + UWP + Xbox Live

Hi,

I just wanted to check if there's any dev here thats perhaps done a Windows Store game with Xbox Live Integration in Unity yet.

Im having some trouble getting the Xbox Live Sign In process to work. Im following all of the documentation and have tried multiple different methods and setups and nothing seems to work. Im following the ID@Xbox route not the Windows Creators Program route

More info about the issue can be found on the Unity forums over here:

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/cant-install-microsoft-xbox-live-sdk-winrt-uwp-nuget-package.473111/#post-3168238

Please, if anyone has any advice it would be immensely appreciated.

Comments

• edited
    Ok, Ive managed to make it past the SignIn compile error. I was using the wrong NuGet package, haha.

However now Im stuck at the Sign In screen. After seeing that I need to create a new Sandbox for my app when starting submission I assumed that thats the Sanbox that I need to use for development and submission (not the Sandbox that we use for Xbox One development), but now I dont know what Dev account to use as none of my Dev Accounts want to work, I just get the following error:

"Your account doesn't match your dev environment
    If you're in the right sandbox and environment, switch to a Microsoft account for that sandbox. To keep using this account, change the registry's sandbox and environment. (%1)"

Is there a specific place I need to give my Xbox One dev accounts access to my Windows Store App or do I need to create new specific dev accounts?

Please, any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
  • Ok, I just managed to find the section where I can create dev accounts.

Although Im still getting the following error when I try to sign in with the the newly created dev accounts:

"The application requesting authentication tokens is either disabled or incorrectly configured"

Which leads me to believe that the Xbox Live service needs to be activated for the app first.
  • edited
    Hey, I got your PM, but see you sorted with that error. I did originally reply, but deleted it when I saw you did actually provide lots of detail in the thread, but then you fixed it before I could take a look :P

Ok, so onto your next problem.
    Yeah, as @Elyaradine says you need to associate your app with the Windows Store app. And on Windows I think you only get one dev sandbox, it isn't like Xbox where you can have multiple.
    The dev accounts I create through the XDP work on my PC, but they only did once I have my Xbox Live config correct (which I guess you have).
    Thanked by 1SkobbejakGames
  • edited
    @Elyaradine Thanks so much for the link I could have sworn I Associated my Project with the App Store. However now I seem to be getting a different error when trying to sign in:

"Your account doesn't match your dev environment
    If you're in the right sandbox and environment, switch to a Microsoft account for that sandbox. To keep using this account, change the registry's sandbox and environment. (%1)"

It doesnt matter which Sandbox or Dev Accounts I use (wither it be our Xbox One XDP Sandboxes/DevAccounts or our Windows Dev Center Sandboxes/DevAccounts) we always get one of two errors, either the one above or :

"The application requesting authentication tokens is either disabled or incorrectly configured"

@roguecode No worries man, thanks for the help in anyway. Hopefully I can get this issue sorted out soon
  • Ok, cul managed to fix it. Emailed ID@Xbox and they informed that I should us my XDP .0 Sandbox (not the .99 one) and Dev Accounts. I also just needed to change my TitleID in my xboxservices.config file accordingly and now everything is working fine. Thanks again for all the help guys, really appreciate it :)
    Thanked by 1roguecode