Global Game Jam Johannesburg

edited in Projects
The global game jam 2013 is officially over, but what a Jam it was! Thanks to everyone that made the event so great and special thanks to @ProjectX for organizing and Dave Russel for providing the venue.

So I'm not really going to do a post mortem about the event, I'm just here to tell you about the games that were made at the event. Here they are then.

[rule]
Heart Attack
Dev Team: Dave Russel

Heart Attack is a command line game where you need to survive wave after wave of enemies. The enemies will attempt to get your heart rate higher by colliding with you. You can add new defences to decrease your heart rate and protect you. There is a catch how ever each item you add decreases your heart rate and you are in danger of having too low a heart rate.

[rule]
Giving, giving, gone
Dev Team: @TasticLuc, @Bensonance, @Tachyon, Bradley Marques

A game about generosity. You give your heart and soul away to make people happy, but at what cost? Touch the lives of as many people as you can before the game ends.

[rule]
HeartBurn
Dev Team: @ProjectX, @Puffo, @RetroFuture, @Rigormortis

An old-school arena shmup. Survive as long as possible by preventing your heart-ship from burning out by destroying spawning enemies and collecting their energy shards. Bullets are fired automatically with each heart beat and deplete the health bar. Destroying enemies also increases the ships heart rate. Use W,A,S,D to move and the Mouse to aim.

[rule]
Bob's body for 2
Dev Team: @aodendaal, @Zakeroph

A 2 player game on 1 PC. One player controls Bob as he adventures around his hometown, the other player controls Bob's organs: pumping his blood so he move around, churning his stomach to digest the food he eats, etc.

Nick Williams also did all the sound and music for the games. He made some great stuff!

So those are the games we managed to make for the GGJ. Go check them out now! :D Feel free to post feedback and thoughts here.

Comments

• Some pics from the event
    IMG_0003_S.jpg
    640 x 480 - 108K
    IMG_0004_S.jpg
    480 x 640 - 100K
    IMG_0005_S.jpg
    640 x 480 - 108K
    IMG_0006_S.jpg
    640 x 480 - 98K
    IMG_0009_S.jpg
    640 x 480 - 122K
  • Congrats to everyone! Seeing everyone kick ass and make games was awesome :) I must get my machine fixed up and ready for the next jam! :)