Marshy: Lost in Space - Steam Greenlight project :-)

edited in General
Hi Everyone, I have always wanted to make games... so recently I decided to make my first game :-). Would really appreciate it if you guys could help me get my game Greenlighted on Steam. Its doing pretty well better than I expected just need to get it more votes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to talking to everyone about games here.

The link to my game is:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812319207

Goal of game match colors and move to next level and see how far you can get:

- Low price
- Leaderboard
- Unlimited Levels
- 30+ Achievements!!!
- FREE DLC with features added based on comments and requests from community

Hit the satellites with Marshy changing the satellite's colour each time:

Keep hitting the satellite's till they are in the correct combination as below (the order does not matter):

The gameplay video can be found here:

Join Marshy on this unforgettable space adventure!!!

Comments

• Also forgot to mention let me know your thoughts on the game very curious to hear what everyone thinks of it... It is my first game I must just re-iterate that :-)
  • Hey @trevor34. Glad to see you posted. It will help the post a lot adding some images or video/gif, so that people have an idea what your game is about. Take a look at this.

Whether you get greenlit or not, don't let that stop you from making games. As this is your first game and it looks to be better than what most of us make for our first game. In what engine did you make this?

What you have seems to be a playable game with what looks like interesting gameplay, but it might get dull after a few levels, unless you have a few new mechanics that you introduce as you go along. I saw you do add asteroids in some of the later levels, which is good but I think you could add some more (I don't know if there are, this is just from what I saw in the video) Maybe something like black holes(pulls you in if you get too close), reflector shields or the like that allow you to only pass from one side, so passing means you cant go back. Just some ideas.

All in all just keep making games, have fun and learn as you go! Looking forward to seeing more.
  • Hi Vince, Thank you very much for the advice I really appreciate all your feedback.

Firstly I wrote this game in GameMaker 2. Took me about a month to learn the code and to get to a point where I could do what I needed. After that took a little longer 2 program the game.

What programming language do you use? Any of your games on steam?

• I am currently using Unity and C# to make my things. No I don't have anything on steam, still quite new to all of this, and just worked on lots of smaller different things to build a portfolio. All my stuff is here if you want to take a look.

PS. If you want to you can edit your original post to include the images and videos, so that it's the first thing people see.
  • Thank you for all the advice updated my original post :-) will have a look at all your stuff. Yeah wanting to move into Unity also but started out with Game Maker : Studio works really well having allot of fun with it. I am currently working on a second game finished all the programming for it just struggling to figure out the aim of the game and the rules needed :P