[PE] Any local Unity devs with project experience?

edited in Jobs
Hi. Just testing the waters to see who is available in PE these days and wants to be added to my list of contacts for paid work. PM availability and rate. Only apply if you have worked professionally over several projects as a software developer and understand what it is to meet deadlines. No hand-holding - seeking mature peers to balance the work with.

Comments

• Hey @NickWiggill, unfortunately I am not a candidate for the position you are offering, but I just wanted to tell you that I am surprised to see this post. I Sorry if this is not the reply you were looking for but I have to use this opportunity to talk to you and ask a question or two if you are willing to read my message.

I am a NMMU student currently studying Bsc Computer Science with the aspiration to become a game developer (specifically a game programmer). I am learning Unity in my own time with 2 other friends (we have formed a small Dev team called Space Muffin) and we participated in the Derivco Slice of Source Hackathon/Game Jam this year.

I am very happy to see that there are opportunities in Port Elizabeth for a Unity Dev :D Although I do not have the necessary skill or training to be able to work on a professional level I do aim to learn and develop my Game Development skills to be able to reach that point one day. Can you tell me if there would be any chance finding a Game Dev or Software Dev company that might be open to internships or Job shadowing? I am looking for opportunities to learn and to start gaining experience in the Software/Game Development scene.

I have been using unity for quite some time now , but I still have so much to learn when it comes to game development. I have purchased 2 Udemy Courses on Unity Game Development that I plan on completing of the Dec Vacation and my friends an I are going to try and make our first Game as a team and maybe try to make it available to the public.

i want to wish you the best of luck on the project you are working on and that you will find suitable contacts to help you with your work. :)