Requesting support from the community - getting Superior Wizards onto Nintendo Switch

Hey everyone,

Superior Wizards is a fast paced fighting game that I've been working on for a while now.

You can play the latest version here:
plenopterix.com/sw

When the Nintendo Switch was announced, I realised that it's the perfect console for my game. The buttons of the console map exactly to the keys in the game.

I wonder if you can help me answer the question: how do I get Superior Wizards onto the Nintendo platform? I'm not really sure what to do next. I feel like I need to get the word out. Maybe contact Nintendo directly. I'm hoping you can all help me figure out what to do.

Thanks a lot,
Joel
Thanked by 1LexAquillia

Comments

• I have no experience with something like this but with the HTC Vive for example I know (read it somewhere) that people messaged Valve about their games and did get some help in acquiring a Vive. So I would say give it a shot there's nothing to lose. Also since you are using Unity as soon as they add support for it it should be straight forward to build to the Switch, but you will have to wait for them to implement it.

While looking quickly I found this.
    I don't know how long they usually take to implement a new platform but the good news is that you will be able to build to the Switch.
    Thanked by 1Plenopterix
  • Make it as good as you can, get as many eyeballs on it as you can, and contact as many people as you can. Just directly go knocking on official doors. If it's good and/or there's enough people who already are saying "I WANT TO THROW MONEY AT YOU", that's how you get it to happen.

Consoles are especially difficult, with super stringent (ridiculous) quality control. It's going to be really, really, really hard. But if your game's good and you have enough support from people who want to throw money at you, yes you can do it.
    Thanked by 1Plenopterix
  • Well I see your game was made with Unity.It looks like Unity will add support for Switch soon. I would just make sure all my controls use Unity's cross platform system(That already exists in the standard assets). So that when the version of Unity that supports Switch releases your game just needs to be compiled for that platform. And if what the article says is true, then this support should come sooner then you might expect.
    Thanked by 1Plenopterix
  • Ok spoke to the guy from Nintendo at Game Connection, SA devs will have a much easier time getting onto platforms and getting access to Dev kits (I'm working on being able to get switch kits shipped straight to SA).

For now what you need to do is go to www.developer.nintendo.com and register there