Chubby Bunny - Love Story

Almost everything in life start or end a mistake.

Two marshmallow bunnies were living a quite simple life, until chubby bunny(our sad hero) made a mistake, an unforgiven mistake.
His girlfriend went angry and broke up with him.
But chubby bunny has much love for her, so he kept following her everywhere and crying to conquer her heart again...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.piniapp.chubbybunny

I'm Amine, and I've just released the game on playstore, I hope to find some feedbacks for my game, all kind of feedbacks are welcome.
Thanks.

Comments

• Overall it's a very cute game! Nice and simple to play too, a good game to just open up and start playing when you wanna pass the time.

Personally, I would prefer it if chubby bunny sent the other bunny hearts instead of tears.. It makes more sense to me as a way to try win her back. The hearts could break when they don't reach her (which would also make sense).

A small tutorial in the first level or two would be a good idea or even just a button that you can press in the start up menu tha tells you how to play. I got through half the game without realising that I could undo one of the lines I drew.

I would love for there to be some sort of scoring system for each level! Your rating (out of 3-5 stars) or score could be based on the total length of lines you drew or the number of lines you drew or how many tear drops did not make it to the other bunny. That would add some great value for replay to the game and it would allow players to compete with their friends too.

I wish you the best of success with your game!
  • Congratulations on putting up a game! :D

There's a narrative in there that I find pretty uncomfortable. In the game description, you say that Chubby Bunny wants to "cry hard to make her forget what he does and forgive him". The idea of trying to make somebody forget a mistake that you made sounds very wrong to me. I think that if you make a mistake, you should own up to it, and apologise. And yeah, maybe you do have to put in some effort to show somebody that they're important to you and try to make amends -- but it's definitely not about forgetting a mistake, or that if you try hard enough somebody will forgive you, or that they "have to" forgive you because you tried hard enough. Maybe they forgive you, and you can be friends; maybe they don't, and you just have to live with it and move on. Either way, whether or not someone forgives you, or continues to be friends with you, is their choice, and continuing to pester them after they've made a decision is pretty horrible behaviour. (I know I'd hate for one of my ex's to keep coming after me.) The idea of having someone send me tears until I relent is just super ew. :( I'd really suggest reframing what the story is in a way that doesn't make your female character someone whose affection you can win.

The characters have adorable faces. I'm not a fan of the font you've chosen though, and although the characters look pretty great, a lot of the game's UI feels a lot like prototype work. The lines you draw are just solid black rectangles, and the backgrounds could've been an opportunity to show more personality and character, but are instead very empty. It'd be great to see these other assets match your characters in their appeal.

I like that the ads are really easy to close. (Many mobile games seem to force you to watch through the entire thing, which I find extremely frustrating.) I don't like that it shows you an ad with every screen change, though I understand wanting to create opportunities for monetization. (I have no experience in what it takes to make a pleasant f2p mobile experience; and it's arguable that even though I don't like this kind of monetization, I'm also just not the target market anyway.)

I would have really liked to be able to undo a move, whether it's a button up top, or a two-finger tap, or something along those lines. It would've really helped with some of the lines drawn that seem to require more accuracy.
    Thanked by 1Aimzj