Positions available in the Serious Games Institute (SGI) at the North-West University:Vanderbijlpark

http://nwu.pnet.co.za/index.php?s=advert_view&g=11080&x=4272372&i=817&pop=1

Please follow the above link to apply for the vacancies available in the Serious Games Institute (SGI) at the North-West University: Vanderbijlpark.

Contact me @ 016 910 3497/8 for more info.

Regards

Herman
Executive Dean: Faculty of Economic Sciences & IT

Comments

• Minimum requirements:

Junior lecturer – Relevant Hons in Computer Science, IT or Communication and two year teaching experience
    Lecturer – Relevant Masters in Computer Science, IT or Communication and three year teaching/industry experience
    Graphic design
    Graphic modelling
    C# and Java
    Artificial Intelligence
    Games engines (for example Unity 3D, etc.)
    3D modelling (for example 3D Studio Max, etc.)
    Mobile development (for example Android Studio, etc.)

Are you looking for one person qualified in all the above?
    Thanked by 2Elyaradine mattbenic
  • edited
    Are you looking for one person qualified in all the above?
    I'd like to see an answer on this as well. It's highly unlikely you'll find a single candidate experienced in development, design, and art. These tend to be discrete disciplines (though designers are often artists OR programmers as well, given the size of typical local teams).

Some kind of salary information would be helpful as well.
    Thanked by 1dammit
  • Hi

These are currently academic appointments so, to be appointed as a jnr lecturer you need an Honours degree and to be appointed as a Lecturer you need a Masters degree.

Obviously we are not going to get someone experienced in all of the mentioned traits - those are recommendations and experience in some of the mentioned fields.

Only minimum requirements: The degree to be appointed as jnr lecturer or lecturer - the rest is demonstrated abilities with a portfolio.

Salary range from R300K - R600K depending on qualification and experience.
    Thanked by 1mattbenic
  • Thanks for the extra info @HjvdM :)