[Prototype] Clan Saga - needing narrative help

edited in Projects
I've been working on a choose-your-own-adventure strategy game in Twine which duplicates the mix of storytelling and number management King of Dragon Pass and Thea: The Awakening

You can play the latest version on its itch.io page

I need some help though adding stories. If anyone wants do some writing or add a story, please let me know.

Stories are broken up into passages and one occurs each season. Stories can play in a specific season or at any time. Choices from a previous passage are remembered for subsequent passages.

There's no specific theme yet, but so far I've imagined the clan to be a very generic medieval settlement in Scotland, but feel free to make it different or unique.

There is also a hint system (Speak to the elders) which provides both tracking of stories and hints for the next passage of a story.

Any other suggestions also welcome.
Thanked by 1garethf

Comments

• Hi Fengol . I think this link will help, if you havent already seen it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_mythology

from a quick read , most scottish mythology is centered around nature , and super natural beings. very interesting from a story-telling point of view.

Maybe you can explore something like : the guardians of the seasons are at war , each guardian trying to prolong their season duration , thereby prolonging their own reign. and then somehow communicate that balance between the seasons is vital for all life on earth.

just a basic idea.

good luck
  • Thanks. I'm actually looking for someone to do the writing for me. I'm just a programmer and I struggle to come up with narrative prose.
  • Okay . I will give it a go, and you can tell me if its appropriate. I enjoy story telling
    Thanked by 1Fengol
  • edited
    Can I also add a story?
    Edit: Or at least submit a story?
  • @LittleBear, of course you can! Everybody is welcome. The more stories the better. Just PM me the text.
  • Hey Fengol,

Just saw your post and would also love to submit a story! Just sent you a PM.
    Thanked by 1Fengol
  • The game has been updated with stories from @SleepingSafari and @The_Sired_Ward, link on the OP.

More contributions are still welcome
    Thanked by 1SleepingSafari