The living world of Skyrim

Hi guys

I wanna talk about living game worlds. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail into what they are exactly, instead I'll share one of the many stories that The elders scroll V: Skyrim has provided.

*Possible spoilers ahead*

After many gruesome battles, many lost and many won, I decided that I needed a traveling companion to share my victories with. I chose a guy from Solitude, a city in Skyrim. I cant remember his name tho, so lets just call him Angus. Angus was a good follower, very versed in battle.

There came a time when I was battling this witch lady & when my guard was down she put a spell on Angus. It was a spell that made Angus crazy and he endeavored to kill me. So of course I was faced with a difficult decision; do I try to save him Angus somehow, or do I just eliminate him or abandon him. He kept on attacking me so I realized that there was no saving my good friend Angus. But I didn't wanna see him in that condition, so I put him out of his misery.

A few days later back in Solitude, I was chased down by a courier who gave me a letter and a bag of gold. I read the letter which basically said that Angus put me in his will, & he wanted me to have this bag of gold. It was at this moment that I stopped and considered whether this world that Bethesda had made was actually real. It made the world of Skyrim seem alive.

So thats my experience with living world. Id just thought id share that with you. If you've had similar experiences id love to hear about them.

Comments