Sprite Art

Hi game devs :P

I decided to try creating sprites, and from what I hear it looks pretty good.
It took me about a day to create this set, and I'm aware of this set appearing incomplete, there's a bit I could change, improvements to be made, additions to add, perhaps more sense to what you're seeing, but Im tired and hungry so I'll leave it as a sample.

If you're interested in the style I'd be happy to create art work for you. This would be to motivate me and also create a portfolio.

So here's a plant and a mock up of some scene. :P I haven't tried animation yet.
There's also a lil armored dude that i created a few months ago, he's missing the rest of his legs and the waist is a little too long. I'm positive it'd come out better if I try in this day and age.

Sorry that there's not a lot to look at here. I'll add some more as time goes by.
myplant.png
148 x 183 - 8K
logAlien2.png
318 x 306 - 22K
guy.png
64 x 64 - 894B

Comments

• Xer0bot said:
    If you're interested in the style I'd be happy to create art work for you. This would be to motivate me and also create a portfolio.
    I think you should just create more artwork regardless :D. Keep practising and keep getting better! A great place to start is by copying the work of people you admire. Like have their art next to yours and straight up copy their techniques, from shading to highlighting.

There are also tons of great pixelart tutorials out there, here's a few from an artist I admire called Kiwinuptuo:
    Stone Ball
    Colouring
    Grass
    Tilable Textures
    Chacter Colouring
    Tree

Practise, improve and show off what you've learned :)
    Good luck.