Game Development Survey

I am a third year Game Design student. Please take a moment to answer a few questions ^_^

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TKM6KTH

Comments

• Some of these multiple choice questions have no options for answers I can give. Most often the answer I feel is most appropriate is "It depends".
    Thanked by 1pieter
  • I did think about adding a third option but then I feel that most people will choose "It depends". I know I would and I wanted to try and make it more black and white, to try and narrow it down. Thank you for the feedback though, I'll definitely consider adding a third option again :)
  • I'm going to complain - like I do with every student who posts surveys here - because this is a survey that has questions that have not being carefully considered. You need to define things - like "indie" - rather than make assumptions about what indie might be (everyone has their own idea, seriously). The data you gather from this survey is basically going to be useless in telling you much of anything and I would be sad to see anyone draw any conclusions from it. I realise you're only in 3rd year, but I really do wish students were given more training in putting these sorts of things together.

BTW, the most interesting survey done ever (imho) was a survey that followed up a general survey. The second survey explored exactly *why* people had answered each question as they had. This went much further into understanding the answers people gave because it gave people a chance to say why they said what they did, allowing the researchers to avoid making assumptions and jumping to conclusions.
    Thanked by 1Elyaradine