Pitboy Adventure

edited in Projects
Hi All

I'd like to share my game Pitboy Adventure, which has just gone live on the playstore.
when I started out with this I had a Flappy bird clone in mind, but quickly got bored of it. I wanted something easy to play (single tap game) , but a little more adventurous and this is what I came up with. A platformer where all you have to do is control the jump. Although the control is easy, the game is tough to beat and even tougher if you are going for all the coins. I had fun making this and learned a lot. I will carry this knowledge over to my next project.
The game has 45 levels in 3 Zones to beat.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.starbrush.pitboy

Thanked by 2dammit roguecode

Comments

• Hey, checked out you game a little while ago. Sorry for taking long to post here, had this as a todo item for the past week or so.

I thought the first level was well designed in the way it introduced the mechanics pretty intuitively. This isn't trivial to do and I think you've done a pretty good job so far. Unfortunately I didn't actually manage to get past the first level with the time I had. I got a little frustrated cause mistakes often resulted in basically restarting the level. Totally get that this is a good analogy for Flappy Bird, but I'm also not much of a fan of Flappy Bird, so perhaps not your target player, heh. Maybe you could consider making the first level a bit shorter or easier or having some rails on platforms to effectively create checkpoints? Not sure if that is in the direct you're aiming for tho.

Have you considered putting out a web build of the game? I think having something that has a good intuitive intro (which I think is a strong point of your game) works well on web cause it makes the barriers to entry as small as possible.

Do you have any future plans for the game?