Blackout Rugby (Browser Game)

Hi MakeGamesSA

It has been a long time since I wrote my own game. Or in fact since I was at all active in the South African Game Dev community.Instead of making games I have been playing a lot on online sports management games lately.

About a year ago I offered to help the developer of Blackout Rugby with coding on the game. I was accepted as a coder and have been making changes in the game on a regular basis. The game is mostly developed in PHP with a MySQL backend, and makes use of Javascript and a (very little) bit of CSS. My role has become making changes on the current/original game site while the owner redevelops the site into a more mobile friendly format.

Before becoming a developer I was spending a few R1000 per year on the game. I now have free access to the game. (So while it may not be an income it is a definite saving on my bank balance).

From 1995-2000 I ran an online rugby game - Ultimate Rugby - so it was very easy for me to get involved and productive, I feel my long history in making games, and making games for the internet (not that they ever made any money) gave me a great background into moving into this Developer role.

The game owner and I are also in discussions to add additional sports to the Blackout brand. This will include games that I will create.

cheers
Cairnswm (William)
Thanked by 1dislekcia

Comments