Ludumdare and itch.io question

edited in Questions and Answers
Should I upload my ludumdare game to itch.io when I plan to sell it later on itch.io (after updating it some more)?

Comments

• I've discovered the joys of itch.io this weekend and you should definitely use it to store your game. You can change the price tag at any point, but more importantly you can provide screenshots and descriptions for a good landing page as well as analytics of downloads.
    Thanked by 1Zaphire
  • Maybe first see if people wanna buy it before trying to sell it? One way to do this is to put it on itch.io and see if you get any donations or what your analytics look like. The feedback from LD is also a potential indicator. If the response isn't so good, then you've saved yourself from working more on a project that people might not buy :)

FYI, it's "Ludum Dare"
    Thanked by 1Zaphire
  • edited
    @Fengol Awesome, I thought once its free it stays free. Also are you able to host web and pc.exe versions on itch.io?
    @francoisvn Ye our plan is to see the response from Ludumdare and free version of itch.io and if it does well we will put in some extra effort and sell

I actually never knew I was spelling Ludumdare incorrectly so thanks for the correction :D