AARDOTRON

edited in Projects
https://youtu.be/9Yxb51xd5pk

I made this game in a few hours and have now added online leaderboard.
This is my first attempt .. plz be patient...

Only for Windows 10 users. This uses WEBGL, you will need FIREFOX, or the latest Chrome or EDGE to register and to play.
(also.. gamepad controller is highly recommended)

Player registration .. NO EMAIL ACCOUNT needed, NO FACEBOOK ACCOUNT needed ..
But .. you will need to remember your assigned IZWAZ Identity (AAA) and PIN number
izwaz.com/unity3d/regizwaz/

After registering, play using the following URL...
izwaz.com/unity3d/AARDV3/

Comments

• Um, that feels like a lot of hoops to jump through to playtest something.

Also, it's always a good idea to explain your controls, I had to hunt for what "Fire Button 1" was. It was CTRL.
  • Thanks for trying the game ... yes ... its not user friendly at the point. I used Unity to make the game - the default PC version of a Unity game lets the player set ther own "Fire 1" button. I am still not sure which platform will be used. Sorry about the need to register - I wanted to provide an online leaderboard - this was the easiest way.
  • Hi @zepdep, checked out your game, played four rounds. Here are some of the things that stood out for me.

Firstly, hitting a moving 3D target with radial controls is incredibly tricky. I can almost guarantee you that most players will just pick either the inner or outer most radius and try hitting the targets from there. I feel the game would be far more accessible if you picked a constant radius, and just have the player be able to rotate clock and anti-clockwise.

Secondly, it's really hard to see where you need to shoot in order to hit the cubes. I was literally shooting a solid stream of bullets where one of the cubes was going to touch the perimeter, and the cube just went straight through them. Consider having the collision box for your bullets be elongated capsules or boxes so it's easier to hit the targets. Also enlarging the hit boxes of the cubes will help. Another thing that you could also try is doubling or trebling the speed of the bullets which should make the targets a little easier to hit and also make the game feel more responsive.

Good luck with you future builds, and hope to see more of your work on the forums soon :)
  • edited
    Thx for trying the game Piet... I made the current game play very quickly, lots of ideas still need to be included. All the games I develop will be aimed at gamepad controller users. I will apply improvements to the game based on comments.
    My plan from here... I will leave thise version of AARDOTRON as is, like a historical archove point. The next version will be available with a new URL. Registration page will be included in the game, interface will be vastly improved and I will slowly add more features and levels to version 4.