Question for people working at Derivco or people who know more about the company.

I'm currently in a course and one of the main sponsors is derivco. I've tried to find out what games they've worked on and found it quite weird that it's so difficult to find anything. My question is this: do they actually make any real games or is it just gambling games?

Comments

• edited
    @KiNg ... it is mainly gambling games.
    Thanked by 1KiNg_
  • They only do gambling.

And heh, I worked on Thunderstruck 2. The desktop version though, not mobile. Those exploding reels were such a pain in the ass to get bug-free.
  • @quintond wow thanks a lot for the response. I do have other options and there wasn't even a guarantee that I'd have to work for them but finding out that I can't work on my own games is horrifying. Seriously, thank you.
  • Maybe double check the restraint of trade with Derivco. A friend who used to work there says that you are able to work on your own stuff, and that they used to have evenings there once a week working on their own stuff.
  • edited
    roguecode said:
    Maybe double check the restraint of trade with Derivco. A friend who used to work there says that you are able to work on your own stuff, and that they used to have evenings there once a week working on their own stuff.
    I didn't know that.
    Thanked by 2KiNg_ dammit
  • Well what you've said @quintond is still quite valuable to me. I was only interested in them when I heard of them being a game dev house but that interest disappeared after I learnt that all that made was gambling games.