The road of MMORPG [Slowly] - Endless Isle Quest Online

Hi Everyone,

I have decided to start making a MMORPG, its going to take me long. And i am willing to put the time into it, while i am at work and bored, ill work on this side project, our other porject which is smaller games and less work i do at night.
So i will be posting my progress on how much i can get done on the times i get bored and see where this takes me.

I normally only do the 3D models and animations and textures and stuff and never dabbled in the world of coding, but now i am going to pack it on by myself to learn myself coding as well and get to the point where i can do both without a struggle.
So hope you guys like how take my first steps into something that will take me years but it will teach me a whole new level of everything.

Comments

• Today's progress what not a big step but it got me somewhere and let me start the adventure.
    I did a tutorial on making a Roll a Ball game in Unity to teach me the coding fundamentals and to start off in knowing what needed to be done to start the long road.

Implementations :
    Creating the unity basic project.
    Get unity project onto sourcetree to keep files saved as backup and access from home.
    Then i created a plane for the ground and a capsule to be the player.

I know this isn't a lot, but progress = progress :)
    EndlessIsleQuestNr1.png
    1920 x 1040 - 357K
  • For someone who just started with Unity, and coding for that matter, I'd say that starting with an MMORPG is a death sentence. I'd say that you should rather start with the tutorials on the Unity site, and then move on to other simple projects. Once you're ready for the more advanced topics such as procedural generation and pathfinding you should check out Sebastian Lague on Youtube. He's a South African dev that explains brilliantly and works quickly, and definitely worth it for people wanting to raise their skill level.
    Thanked by 1Sonicay
  • Thanks for the feedback King, i am already watching Sebastian Lagues work, and im not focusing this, this is only a side project for fun, to take a brake from the projects we are full steam working on. And my friend which is good in coding is showing me now how to code, giving me little tasks to do. And with the amount i learn, i implement in the game, im trying to make a weekly post atleast, to show how my progress grows, even if it is only 1 implementation in the game. That is why this is going to be a slow road for the MMORPG :):)