[Project] Windsiege: The Forgotten Lands

Hi guys :)

We are FadedReality Studios and we are currently working on an indiegame, Windsiege: The Forgotten Lands.

The game is set in a world with floating islands, constant action and never ending adventure! Choose between 4 (more planned for future) champions and collect resources to build up your own unique ship. Use turrets that can be crafted or looted to aid you in your adventures, both on land and on your ship and explore deeper into the forgotten lands.

We have recently launched an IndieGoGo campaign for Windsiege and we hope to gather as much support as we can. Please help us make an awesome game by checking out our IndieGoGo Page, and if you are interested or like our campaign, a donation would be most appreciated. Any other love would also be greatly appreciated, so share and spread the word wherever you can! And follow or like us on Facebook and Twitter or subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Explore. Build. Fight.

Official Website
https://fadedrealitystudios.com

IndieGoGo Campaign
http://igg.me/at/Windsiege/x/13309689

Comments

• edited
    We are still in the development phase and trying to raise funds to continue working on the game full-time.

You can also check out our website for more details and so far we have an early development preview and two development videos up on our YouTube channel, with more coming soon!

Windsiege: The Forgotten Lands (Early Development Preview)

Windsiege Development: Component Durability

Windsiege Development: Terrain And Grass
    Thanked by 2Nitrogen Kwantanic
  • The stuff the two (?) of you have done so far looks incredible, well done!

Something that isn't totally clear is how the SP will work. Is there a storyline that you follow as you explore different parts of the world? Or are you mainly fighting from one area with some occasional dialog?
    Thanked by 2Kwantanic Crimson
  • Yes currently we are just 2 members on the team. But that wont hold us back! :)

For the single player there will be many levels that link together, finishing a level unlocks the next levels that are linked to that one. The story will unfold as you venture from level to level deeper into the forgotten lands. Hope that helps :)
    Thanked by 1Crimson
  • edited
    I just finished writing a new development article for our website. There are more images than writing... :)
    https://fadedrealitystudios.com/newsarticle.php?id=5

And of course there is also a small video to go with the article.

Thanked by 1Crimson
  • Looks really good! I like the ship building. One critic is that the player seems floaty when she jumps. How long have you guys been working on this?
    Thanked by 2Kwantanic Crimson
  • edited
    Thank you, I will be redoing a lot of the animation when we bring out our new characters (4 planned), I will definitely try to improve the jumping with the new ones.

We have been working on the game since around May-June last year as our university finial year project. Then we stopped working on it at the start of November for almost 3 months. We missed game dev so much that we decided to take the game further! Now we are rebuilding some underlying systems and just overall improving the whole thing.
    Thanked by 1Crimson
  • Floating islands, steampunk flying machines and exploration, can there be a more iconic setting :) I love the idea of being able to craft my own flying ship and using it to ride the air currents like a cloud pirate, searching for lands lost to lore, or just chilling on top of a cloud taking in the view.

My comments on the video above.
    1.) The fog that is used to represent the cloud bed is really taking away from the fact that you're supposed to be miles in the sky. I'm not getting that feeling of vertigo when I look down. I want to see cloud formations far below me disappearing into the distance. For all I know there could be a steaming lake below the islands creating the fog just meters below me. You can still have clouds at the players height, just give them the opportunity to look down through them.

2.) The island sizes are quite uniform, making the aerial landscape very homogeneous. I see myself getting completely lost without a map to guide me. It would be nice to see a couple of massive island formations, sparsely spaced, dominating the skyline, not just for visual interest, but navigation as well.

3.) Where's my demo, I want to play this now :D Pretty please.

Good luck with your project, you've got some great material to work with.
  • @pieter You have made some very good points, we will definitely look into them. Thank you very much :)

Thanked by 1Crimson
  • Thank you for all the feedback, we really appreciate it :) We look forward to keeping you updated on our progress.
    Thanked by 1Kwantanic
  • This reminds me so much of Project Nomads! I've always wanted a return to that sort of floating-island-tower-defense-battleship feeling, so much so that every once in a while I try to get the game working again on whatever new PC I've got ;)

Keen to see where you take this, the island grappling feels really juicy.
    Thanked by 1Crimson
  • I really like the look of this. I always imagined making a "Waterworld" type game. this reminds me of that, but in the clouds. Awesome!
    Thanked by 1Crimson
  • @Kwantanic @Crimson Woah! This looks awesome... I've always wanted to ride on the back of a dragonfly. Will this be one step closer to that dream? Excellent work guys. Cannot wait for a playable demo *holding thumbs*.
    Thanked by 1Crimson
  • This looks AMAZING!!!! Playable demo please!!!!
    Thanked by 1Crimson
  • Just found out you are last year's winning BIS multimedia group haha. Good good course. This game looks awesome keep it up.
    Thanked by 1Crimson
  • There is a new Windsiege development article all about Wing sails up on our website :)
    https://fadedrealitystudios.com/newsarticle.php?id=6

Also be sure to look at the accompanying video!
  • Looks really nice! How did you do the damaged pieces? Is it just 5 different models that you change between depending on the damage?
    Thanked by 2Crimson Kwantanic
  • Hi @Zaphire, I remember that name, if I'm not mistaken we worked together a little bit, several years ago :) (I'm Michael Schiele)

Yes, there is just the different models I set up in blender and then change between. Then just a particle effect to hide the transition a bit.

Thanked by 1Zaphire