Unity iOS Development support thread.

Hey guys,

I am STILL busy trying to get my client's app onto the app store and I am running into some problems. If you have answers or are better at googling than I am please help ;)

Info : Using unity 5.2 with xcode 7.0.1

Some questions :
1: If set the deployment target to 6.0 can I run the app on devices with iOS 7, 8, 9 ?
2: What does it mean when xcode says "Could not find developer disk image" when I try to build to a connect iPhone 4s ?
3: I get a bunch of "referenced from :" errors what does this mean ?

*Edit*
PS : Apple sucks, long live Android !!!

Comments

• Hi!

Have a look at this:
    http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/788331/xcode-511-missing-architectures-arm64.html

It might be that you just need to set your scripting backend to IL2CPP and Architecture to Universal in your Player Settings.

Hope that helps!
  • Well I think android sucks. I use cocos2d-x and it take days to make it work on android... Everything is always working well on windows phone though...

Long live visual studio
  • @Kobusvdwalt9:

1: Yes. Aiming for a lower build target will allow never versions of iOS to run the thing fine.
    2: I would assume it means that the phone isn't properly connected to Xcode... Can you push code to the phone at all? Is the phone up to date enough?
    3: So that looks like the game is including a bunch of stuff that it doesn't need. What scripting backend are you using?
  • @dislekcia thanks for the info.

The phone is running iOS 9.2 so I assume it is up to date right ? From what I gather it looks like I need to be on the latest xcode version if I want to develop for the latest iOS version even if my deployment target is an older version of iOS.

I am using IL2CPP but I was running on the simulator when I got those errors. I forgot to change the SDK setting in Unity to simulator. For the first time I am now able to get the game running on a iOS device, albeit a simulated iOS device so YAY.

I will look into some solutions to the "Could not find developer disk image" problem and post any progress here.

Thanks for the help. I will probably be using this thread again for some other Qs.
  • The phone is running iOS 9.2
    Well there's your "Could not find developer disk image" issue. Apparently you need Xcode 7.2 to work with iOS 9.2. Update your Xcode and you should be good to go for the phone itself :)