( Project ) Droopy Memory Magic

Hi all. So after an HDD crash I lost my other project. Decided to start again. This time small and mobile. Trying to go for fun.

Please play my demo below. Still WIP and Art just basic. Just testing game mechanics.

So , what is it? An 2 player ( soon to have AI ) memory game. You start with 5 cards and every time you get a turn you add 2 cards up to 8. There are 4 types of cards to match. Every card gives a different Effect. Every match will remove 5 HP. Get other player to 0 and win.

So grab a 2nd player in the office or at home and let me know what you guys think.

Playable Web Build.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10742778/web.html

The Types

Matching 2 Silver Bunnies will lock 40% of the other players cards for the next round. Effect below.

Matching 2 Black Spiders will relocate all players cards. ( Just plain evil )

Matching 2 Red Characters will give you back 5 Health

Matching 2 Blue Rain men will give you 3 Cards extra the next turn and not 2.

How it looks. ( basic graphics to get my Mechanics done )

Comments

• edited
    Hey @Dark_Seth,

Gave it a playthrough, and I really like the idea of making a memory game like this into a versus game. I think on tablet this would be a very fun game for friends or siblings to play together.

I like the card locking abilities that you've included, but I think there is room for a lot more here, like swapping two of your opponents cards, shuffling them all, removing some of their cards. Go and have a look at what Retro Epic did with Ginjah, they've added some really fun new mechanics to the traditional memory matching style game.

The one thing that felt a bit off was how the game flowed, and I think it has to do with the players taking turns. It really slows the game down (I want to look for a match, but now I have to wait for the other player), and I think that it would benefit greatly from having both players playing at once. That way players that are quicker at finding matches are rewarded with power-ups more often.