Some of my Work (Music)

Heya all. I am fairly new here (made my profile a while ago but never spent any time on it until now) and am excited to accumulate some contacts to get some feedback and inspiration and hopefully to work with on future projects.

Here is a link to my Sound Cloud Profile
https://soundcloud.com/edward-van-der-merwe

Comments

• Welcome dude! You should join the Global Game Jam that is coming up and show off some of your skills! Are you based in Cape Town or JHB?
  • I am based in Nelspruit of all places. To get to Nelspruit you need to find nowhere. Once you are there, you will find Nelspruit in the absolute middle of nowhere haha
    But yeah I would love to attend a Game Jam, but until then I will be working on expanding my portfolio and getting my hands dirty with Make Games SA and other sites.
    Thanks for the comment! Really appreciate it.
  • Haha, I have actually been to Nelspruit and I really enjoyed my stay there! The many hills covered by forest are beautiful, perfect place to get inspired :D Good luck that side, maybe there are one or two people in your town that you can collab with, all the best!
  • @The_Siren_Ward Welcome to the forums!

Had a listen through your music and you're of to a good start. My favourite pieces by far are "Space Arcade" and "Circuits and Space Debris".

Ps, you don't need to physically attend the Global Game Jam. You can participate by proxy. And believe me, by Sunday everyone is clambering for someone to do some sound and music for them, Just ask @Mexicanopiumdog ;)
  • Sweet! Thanks for the feedback!

I shall definitely have to check it out!
  • Glad you finally posted your work here. Now just keep updating. Since you are my go-to muso for most of my prototypes my feedback here will be bias, and you already know that I love your work. Just happy you are trying to be more active here, so that everyone gets to enjoy your stuff.