An idea for the smileys: Cacodemons

edited in General
I'm personally not too fond of the blue smileys. They do the job fine, just, I feel like they are very blue.

I'm not saying they need to change. Just, how about this?

Zoomed in:

(I'm not even saying they function better as smileys than the blue ones... just... that they may have a distinct edge... in that... CACODEMONS!!)
Thanked by 1creative630

Comments

• I approve this message.

The purple tongue needs some work though because it blends too much with the red body and it needs to stand out
  • edited
    Errrrm

Errrrrrrmmm

On principle, I like the idea!

By design, I don't know if Caco is legible. Does he need all his teeth? (all the better to eat you with?) and the tongue thing is really a thing. Needs to stand out.

;) :) :P :( :| :D

Even if they're blue they have enough contrast to do the job. And how is the wink gonna work..... He closes his eye? LOL

@blackshipfillthesky I liked your original more blocky cacos :) Tried to do something with them..... But I think it was a bit of a fail. His original red and pink aren't very good for this tongue business :P
    caco_v2.png
    100 x 36 - 1K
  • edited
    Yes please. I want to see cacodemons all over my posts. I think @Tusim has a point, I like the more simplified caco.

REQUEST: A cacodemom smiley eating a blue face smiley! (or blasting it with a fireball, I don't mind)
  • @Tuism
    Tuism said:
    And how is the wink gonna work..... He closes his eye? LOL
    Easy! Two Cacodemons! (smiley face)
  • I think the introduction of a cacodemon will force me to a new hipster level where I type my emoticons as words in parenthesis ;)

Would it be cool? Yes.

Would it actually be functional and inviting to new users? No.
  • edited
    (Jokingly) Let's not turn this into an Elcor colony.