First Game Project (Barn Breaker)

Hello :)

So I thought I would post my VERY alpha build of a game I am working on.

http://gamebucket.io/game/df2d5349-2890-4736-99fa-3f8059b01db9

Notes: Use Firefox, unity player has no chrome compatibility.
Options menu does nothing yet.
Quit Does nothing in web builds.
Restarting the level takes you to level 1 and causes the game not to progress (pretty major bug)

Enjoy :D
Thanked by 1MCA

Comments

• This is insane.
    Thanked by 1Sabrekitty
  • Hey @SabreKitty, well done on getting something running in Unity (Unity scares me :c)

just a few comments from playing your game:

Firstly I found it very hard to control the cow, it felt like I had no influence over which way it was bouncing. Maybe make it bounce of at different angles depending where it hits the tractor.

Secondly, there seemed to be some momentum loss every time the cow hit the tractor. This eventually led to the cow coming to rest on top of the tractor, making it impossible for me to finish the level :c

Good luck with the rest of your coding, let us know when you've updated your game.
  • Well down on implementing brick breaking mechanics, and on getting collisions and sound to work.

Classy Spanish guitar makes everything better. Though I sort of want to play a gun-slinger if I'm listening to this music.

I'd agree that I'd like the cow to bounce off the tractor (and other objects) more predictably. I think it's interesting that the cow isn't ball shaped (like most Break-Out games), but the cow doesn't seem to be bouncing the way its shape suggests.

I'd like a lot more variations on the cow sound. As a start you could vary the pitch depending on how hard the collision is. Though for such a specific "mooo" you probably need a few recordings of it. A cow mooing can be quite funny if done well. Look at how many different vocal sounds Angry Birds has (for instance). I think the bird vocals in Angry Birds have a lot to do with how popular the game got.