Indie-Startup-Team-Call (Cape Town)

edited in Jobs
I am looking to put an indie development start-up team together (in the Cape Town area.)

The initial pay will be terrible, the hours will be long and the challenges near-impossible. (Stop reading now if that bothers you.)

(Work will be after-hours and based in coffee shops with WIFI/ libraries / anywhere)

We'll need, artists, designers, passionate enthusiasts, Unity/Stingray/Unreal developers, design leaders, animators and multi-talented individuals. You'll most likely be involved in a little of everything.

I believe the best of us will never be better than all of us and no true maker of things should work alone.

So if you feel bored and unchallenged and feel like you would like to be part of something great, then I hope this message reaches you.

All you need is the passionate desire to be part of something greater. Everyone is welcome.

Let's make something together.

Best Regards,

Dane
danec@bimgames.com

Comments

• Welcome to the forums!

Just out of curiosity, what does Bimgames do? Are these games for hire? Is this part of an existing project or is it in order to start something new?

What I could figure out from the website is that Bimgames is keen on collaborating, and I assume publishing games (and interactive experiences).

Though it's unclear to me what Bim's past work looks like or what Bim's skillset is.

Obviously it's exciting that there are more game making opportunities in South Africa happening. And it'd be sweet if this means more ongoing and successful game adventures.

btw. There is a game developer meetup this Wednesday in Cape Town that you might want to attend is you want to connect with people.
  • Thank you, Evan :)

Um.. Our website is still a work in progress to be honest :) *blushes*

Bimgames is a concept a friend and I started (a year ago) to build interactives out of industry developed models.

I consult full-time for an Autodesk Partner, in the architectural, engineering, construction (AEC) and Plant, energy and manufacturing (PEM) workspace. We work with a lot of clients whose models don't ever get further than their network drives and I'd like to be able to help that go further. I have a passion for design and visualisation and I'm an Autodesk Certified Instructor for programs such as 3DS Max, AutoCAD, Inventor, Navisworks and Plant3D. I'm also looking to enter the Stingray space as well.

It's been more of a side hobby up until now, but I'm looking to put a team together that can service this industry.

Our core focus will be Industry interactives, simulators and configurators for the local and international market.

I hope this clarifies.

I'll definitely be there Wednesday, thanks for the invite :)