Asylum Jam is Upon Us

http://www.asylumjam.com/

Asylum Jam is a game jam, and as before, the goal is to create a horror game following this one rule:

"1.) You should not use asylums, psychiatric institutes, medical professionals or violent/antipathic/’insane’ patients as settings or triggers."

This year, Asylum Jam will be taking place from November 6th to 9th for whatever 48 hour period that is most convenient for you in your timezone.
Asylum Jam is linked to Game Jolt, so it means uploading a game to be played on Game Jolt. And the upside is these jams have been getting some extra exposure. So if you've got a horror game idea, this might be a great opportunity!
Thanked by 1Mexicanopiumdog

Comments

• I can't make it on Sunday, but if I'm caught up on art studies I might jam on Friday-Saturday instead.
    Thanked by 1EvanGreenwood
  • edited
    We had a submission for the first Asylum Jam ( see http://asylumjam.herokuapp.com/users/123-welshpixie ) but I think if I had to do it again I'd want to do something that focuses on more everyday types of mental problems like depression and anxiety (social horror?). Likely will need to sit this one out though.
  • I am really keen to jam this one, so if anyone needs a sound guy, count me in!
  • @rustybroomhandle I really liked the twine game you made! I was busy listening to the Skyrim Soundtrack and it fitted so perfectly while I was reading through the story... :D
    Is it on purpose that inside the temple you encounter the same slide multiple times? In any case, I thoroughly enjoyed your little venture, really well written and the images/effects really suit the genre!
  • @Mexicanopiumdog I want to jam this one too. However I want to have a go at doing the game design myself aswell. So I was thinking of keeping it simple. Maybe we can do a text adventure and do sound design to embellish the story?
    Thanked by 1Mexicanopiumdog
  • @rustybroomhandle I really liked the twine game you made! I was busy listening to the Skyrim Soundtrack and it fitted so perfectly while I was reading through the story... :D
    Is it on purpose that inside the temple you encounter the same slide multiple times? In any case, I thoroughly enjoyed your little venture, really well written and the images/effects really suit the genre!
    Don't quite remember. I think there's one part that serves up random images to emphasize you being lost, and those often have the same pics.
  • @Sash Haha, sounds like fun...drop me a message if you come up with something and then we can come up with some spooky non-psychiatric sounding audio :P